Treatment of lymph node tuberculosis – a randomized clinical trial of two 6-month regimens
Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2005
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 10, Issue 11, pages 1090–1098, November 2005
How to Cite
Jawahar, M. S., Rajaram, K., Sivasubramanian, S., Paramasivan, C. N., Chandrasekar, K., Kamaludeen, M. N., Thirithuvathas, A. J., Ananthalakshmi, V. and Prabhakar, R. (2005), Treatment of lymph node tuberculosis – a randomized clinical trial of two 6-month regimens. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 10: 1090–1098. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2005.01493.x
- Issue online: 26 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2005
- Anonymous (1987) Paradoxical responses during the chemotherapy of tuberculosis [Editorial]. Journal of Infecitous 15, 13.
- British Thoracic Society Research Committee (1985) Short course chemotherapy for tuberculosis of lymph nodes: a controlled trial. BMJ 290, 1106–1108.
- British Thoracic Society Research Committee (1988) Short course chemotherapy for lymph node tuberculosis – Final report at 5 years. British Journal of Disease Chest 82, 282–284.
- British Thoracic Society Research Committee (1992) Six-month versus nine-month chemotherapy for tuberculosis of lymph nodes: Preliminary results. Respiratory Medicine 86, 15–19.
- 1977) Lymph node tuberculosis: a comparison of various methods of treatment. Tubercle 58, 171–179. & (
- 1979) Lymph node tuberculosis: a comparison of treatment 18 months after completion of chemotherapy. Tubercle 60, 95–98. & (
- 1993) Six-month versus nine-month chemotherapy for tuberculosis of lymph nodes: final results. Respiratory Medicine 87, 621–623. , & (
- 1969) Advances in techniques of testing mycobacterial drug sensitivity and the use of sensitivity tests in tuberculosis control programme. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 41, 21–43. , , et al. (
- 1979) Extra pulmonary tuberculosis in the United States. American Jounal of Epidemiology 109, 205–217. , & (
- 1978) The hepatic toxicity of antituberculosis regimens containing isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide. Tubercle 59, 13–32. (
- Indian Council of Medical Research/British Medical Research Council Working Party in South India (1989) Controlled clinical trial of short course regimens of chemotherapy in patients receiving ambulatory treatment or undergoing radical surgery for tuberculosis of the spine. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 36 (Suppl.), 1–21.
- 1990) Short course chemotherapy for tuberculous lymphadenitis in children. BMJ 301, 359–362. , , et al. (
- 1973) Differential identification of mycobacteria. Key features for identification of clinically significant mycobacteria. American Review of Respiratory Disease 107, 9–21. (
- 1983) Selective Kirchner medium in the culture of specimens other than sputum for mycobacteria. Journal of Clinical Pathology 36, 1357–1361. , & (
- 1974) A co-operative study of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis. Indian Journal of Medical Research 62, 1931–1946. & (
- 1991) Fully intermittent six-month regimens for pulmonary tuberculosis in South India. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 38, 51–53. (
- 2000) Management of non-pulmonary forms of tuberculosis: review of TRC studies over two decades. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 67 (Suppl. 2), 34–40. & (
- Research Committee of the Tuberculosis Association of India (1987) Cervical lymphadenitis. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 34, 96–100.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre, Madras (1983) Study of chemotherapy regimens of 5 and 7 months duration and the role of corticosteroids in the treatment of sputum-positive patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in South India. Tubercle 64, 73–91.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre (1997) A controlled clinical trial of oral short course regimens in the treatment of sputum positive pulmonary tuberculosis. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 1, 509–517.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre (2002) Shortening short course chemotherapy – a randomized clinical trial for the treatment of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis with regimens containing ofloxacin. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 49, 27–38.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre, Madras, & National Tuberculosis Institute, Bangalore (1986) A controlled clinical trial of 3- and 5-month regimens in the treatment of sputum-positive pulmonary tuberculosis in South India. American Review of Respiratory Disease 134, 27–33.
- 1997) Transportation of lymph node biopsy specimens in selective Kirchner's liquid medium for culture of tubercle bacilli. Journal of Medical Microbiology 46, 260–262. , , , & (
- World Health Organization (1997) Treatment of Tuberculosis. Guidelines for National Programmes (second edition). WHO/TB/97.220.
- WHO Report (2002) WHO/CDS/TB/2002.295.
- 1997) Prospective randomized study of thrice weekly six-month and nine-month chemotherapy for cervical tuberculous lymphadenopathy [Abstr]. Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery 116, 189–192. , , , , & (