Evaluation of three rapid diagnostic tests for cholera: does the skill level of the technician matter?
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2006
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 49–55, January 2006
How to Cite
Kalluri, P., Naheed, A., Rahman, S., Ansaruzzaman, M., Faruque, A. S. G., Bird, M., Khatun, F., Bhuiyan, N. A., Nato, F., Fournier, J.-M., Bopp, C., Breiman, R. F., Nair, G. B. and Mintz, E. D. (2006), Evaluation of three rapid diagnostic tests for cholera: does the skill level of the technician matter?. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 11: 49–55. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2005.01539.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2006
- Anonymous (1995) Public health impact of Rwandan refugee crisis: what happened in Goma, Zaire, in July, 1994? Goma Epidemiology Group. The Lancet 345, 339–344.
- 2003) Use of dipsticks for rapid diagnosis of cholera caused by Vibrio cholerae O1 and O139 from rectal swabs. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 41, 3939–3941. , , et al. (
- CDC (1994) Laboratory Methods for the Diagnosis of Vibrio cholerae. Pan American Health Organization, Washington, DC, USA.
- CDC (1997) Cholera outbreak among Rwandan refugees – Democratic Republic of Congo, April 1997. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 47, 389–391.
- CDC (2003) Cholera epidemic after increased civil conflict – Monrovia, Liberia, June–September 2003. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 52, 1093–1095.
- 1994) A novel kit for rapid detection of Vibrio cholerae O1. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 32, 249–252. , , , & (
- 2003) One-step immunochromatographic dipstick tests for rapid detection of Vibrio cholerae O1 and O139 in stool samples. Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology 10, 476–478. , , et al. (
- 1995) Evaluation of the monoclonal antibody-based kit Bengal SMART for rapid detection of Vibrio cholerae O139 synonym Bengal in stool samples. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 33, 732–734. , , et al. (
- WHO (2004) Cholera, 2003. Weekly Epidemiological Record 79, 281–288.