Malaria control using indoor residual spraying and larvivorous fish: a case study in Betul, central India
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2006
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 11, Issue 10, pages 1512–1520, October 2006
How to Cite
Singh, N., Shukla, M. M., Mishra, A. K., Singh, M. P., Paliwal, J. C. and Dash, A. P. (2006), Malaria control using indoor residual spraying and larvivorous fish: a case study in Betul, central India. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 11: 1512–1520. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2006.01703.x
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2006
- 2000) Dynamics of P. falciparum gemetocytemia in symptomatic patients in an area of intense perennial transmission in Tanzania. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 63, 199–203. , , et al. (
- Anon (2000) District Wise Epidemiological Situation in Madhya Pradesh. Directorate of Health Services, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal.
- Anon (2005) District Wise Epidemiological Situation in Madhya Pradesh. Directorate of Health Services, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal.
- 1993) Beyond chloroquine. Implications of drug resistance for evaluating malaria therapy efficacy and treatment policy in Africa. Journal of Infectious Diseases 167, 932–937. , , et al. (
- 2002) Sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine alone or with amodiaquine or artesunate for treatment of uncomplicated malaria a longitudinal randomized trial. The Lancet 360, 2031–2038. , & (
- EANMAT (2003) The efficacy of antimalarial monotherapies Sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine and amodiaquine in east Africa Implications for sub-regional policy. Tropical Medicine and International Health 8, 860–867.
- 2005) Larvivorous fishes in wells target and malaria vector sibling species of the Anopheles culicifacies complex in villages in Karnataka, India. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 99, 101–105. , , et al. (
- 2005) Malaria. The Lancet 365, 1487–1498. , , et al. (
- 2002) Validity, reliability and ease of use in the field of five rapid tests for the diagnosis of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Uganda. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 96, 254–257. , , et al. (
- 2002) Control of malaria, a successful experience from Viet Nam. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 80, 660–666. , , et al. (
- 2000) Malaria eradication on Island. The Lancet 356, 1560–1565. , , et al. (
- 1994) Health and Disease in Tanzania, vol. 126. Harper Collins Academic, Cambridge, United Kingdom. , , et al. eds. (
- 2005) Malaria control in Afganistan: progress and challenges. The Lancet 365, 1506–1512. , , et al. (
- 1973) Experiment on Gambusia transportation from TazikSSR into north-east Afganistan and its application in the antimalaria campaign. WHO/MAL 73, 795. (
- 2001) Paracheck® Pf. A new inexpensive and reliable rapid test for P. falciparum malaria. Tropical Medicine and International Health 6, 99–101. , , et al. (
- 2000) DDT house spraying and re-emerging malaria. Lancet 356, 330–332. , & (
- 1996) Re-emergence of malaria in India. Indian Journal of Medical Research 103, 26–45. (
- 1989) Larvivorous Fishes of Inland Ecosystems. Proceedings of the MRC-CICFRI workshop New Delhi, 27–28. Malaria Research Centre (ICMR), Delhi. & (
- 1944) Rapid staining of malaria parasite by a water soluble stain. Indian Medical Gazette 79, 102–104. & (
- 1989) Bio environmental control malaria in a tribal area of Mandla district, Madhya Pradesh, India. Indian Journal of Malariology 26, 103–120. , , et al. (
- 1999) Population dynamics of Anopheles culicifacies and malaria in the tribal area of central India. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 15, 283–290. , , et al. (
- 2002) Usefulness of an inexpensive, Paracheck® test in detecting asymptomatic infectious reservoir of Plasmodium falciparum during dry season in an inaccessible terrain in central India. Journal of Infection 45, 165–168. , & (
- 2003) Forest malaria in Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, central India, a case study in a tribal community. American Journal of Tropical Medicine Hygiene 68, 602–607. , , et al. (
- 2004a) Migration malaria associated with forest economy in central India. Current Science 87, 1696–1699. , , et al. (
- 2004b) Changing scenario of malaria in central India, the replacement of Plasmodium vivax by Plasmodium falciparum (1986–2000). Tropical Medicine and International Health 9, 364–371. , , et al. (
- 1992) Role of Anopheles culicifacies sibling species in malaria transmission in Madhya Pradesh, India. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 86, 613–614. , , et al. (
- 1996) Strategies for the prevention of antimalarial drug resistance. Parasitology Today 12, 399–401. & (
- World Health Organization (1963) Terminology of Malaria and of Malaria Eradication. Monogrph series No. 13. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (1975) Manual on Practical Entomology in Malaria. Part II WHO offset Publ. 13, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (2003) Use of Fish for Mosquito Control WHO/EM/MAL/289/E/6G. World Health Organization, Regional office for the eastern Mediterranean.