Sustained high coverage of insecticide-treated bednets through combined Catch-up and Keep-up strategies
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2007
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 12, Issue 7, pages 815–822, July 2007
How to Cite
Grabowsky, M., Nobiya, T. and Selanikio, J. (2007), Sustained high coverage of insecticide-treated bednets through combined Catch-up and Keep-up strategies. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 12: 815–822. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2007.01862.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2007
- 2005) Awareness, Ownership, and Use of Mosquito Nets in Nigeria, Senegal, Zambia, Ghana, and Ethiopia. Academy for Educational Development http://www.netmarkafrica.org/research/quantitative/2004%20HH%20Surveys/Cross%20National%20Summary%2011-7-05.pdf. , , , , & (
- 1998a) Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data – or Tears: An Application to Educational Enrolments in States of India. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 1994, Washington. & (
- Ghana Statistical Service, MEASURE IRD, Ngouchi Memorial Institute (2004) Ghana Demographic and Health Survey 20. Accra, Ghana.
- 2005a) Distributing insecticide-treated bednets during measles vaccination: a low-cost means of achieving high and equitable coverage. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 83, 195–201. , , et al. (
- (2005b)Ghana & Zambia: Achieving Equity in the Distribution of Insecticide-Treated Bednets Through Links with Measles Vaccination Campaigns. World Bank. HNP Discussion Paper – Reaching the Poor #10. February 2005. , , et al.
- 1982) Cluster sampling to assess immunization coverage: a review of experience with a simplified sampling method. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 60, 253–260. & (
- 1993) Studies of missed opportunities for immunization in developing and industrialized countries. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 71, 549–560. , , , & (
- (2005) The Stall in Mortality Decline in Ghana: Further Analysis of Demographic and Health Surveys Data. ORC Macro, Calverton, Maryland, USA. , &
- 2004) Insecticide-treated bed nets and curtains for preventing malaria. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2, CD000363. (
- 2005) Public-health impact of accelerated measles control in the WHO African Region 2000–03. Lancet 366:832–839. , , et al. (
- Population Services International (2004) Building a Net Culture in Kenya: PSI Uses ‘Targeted Subsidy’ To Maximize Malaria Health Impact. http://www.psi.org/resources/pubs/kenya-.ITN.pdf (Accessed April 24 2006).
- 1983) Diffusion of Innovations. 4th edn. Simon and Schuster, New York. (
- 2006) The burden of malaria mortality among African children in the year 2000. International Journal of Epidemiology 35, 691–704, Review. , , et al. (
- WHO/RBM (2005) Working Group for Scaling-up Insecticide Treated Nets. Scaling Up Insecticide-Treated Netting Programs in Africa: A Strategic Framework for National Action. WHO/RBM, Geneva 2005.
- WHO/UNCEF Joint Statement (2004) Malaria Control and Immunization: A Sound Partnership with Great Potential. WHO/HTM/RBM/2004.52 Rev 1.