Defaulters from antiretroviral treatment in Jimma University Specialized Hospital, Southwest Ethiopia
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
© 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 328–333, March 2008
How to Cite
Deribe, K., Hailekiros, F., Biadgilign, S., Amberbir, A. and Beyene, B. K. (2008), Defaulters from antiretroviral treatment in Jimma University Specialized Hospital, Southwest Ethiopia. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 13: 328–333. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2008.02006.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
- 2003) Adherence practices among people living with HIV. AIDS Care 15, 263. , & (
- 2006) Efficacy of antiretroviral therapy adherence interventions. A research synthesis of trials, 1996 to 2004. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 41, 285–297. , & (
- 2006) Adherence–resistance relationships for protease and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors explained by virological fitness. AIDS, 20, 223–231. , , et al. (
- 2006) Factors affecting attrition in a longitudinal study of patients with AIDS. AIDS Care, 18, 821–829. , , et al. (
- Central Statistical Agency and ORC Macro (2006) Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2005, Addis Ababa Ethiopia and Calverton, Maryland, USA.
- 1999) Socio demographic and psychological variables influencing adherence to antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 13, 1763–1769. , , et al. (
- 1992) [Follow-up of the patient with HIV infection: a hospital task?] Atencion Primaria, 9, 251–254. , & (
- 2002) Intermittent use of triple-combination therapy is predictive of mortality at baseline and after 1 year of follow-up. AIDS, 16, 1051–1058. , , et al. (
- 2007) True outcomes for patients on antiretroviral therapy who are “lost to follow-up” in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 85, 550–554. , , et al. (
- 2003) An examination of HIV/AIDS patients who have excellent adherence to HAART. AIDS Care 15, 251. , , & (
- 2005) Adherence to antiretroviral therapy: a qualitative study with physicians from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Cad. Saude Publica, 21, 1424–1432. , , , & (
- 2005). Assessment of Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy Among HIV-Infected Persons in the Ministry of National Defense Force Hospitals, Addis Ababa and Debreziet. MPH thesis, Addis Ababa University. . et al. , (
- Ministry of Health (2005) Guideline for Implementation of Antiretroviral Therapy in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa Ethiopia, Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office, Federal Ministry of Health.
- Ministry of Health. (2006). AIDS in Ethiopia, 6th Edition, Disease Prevention and Control Department, Ministry of Health, Addis Ababa.
- 1998) Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection. New England Journal of Medicine, 338, 853–860. , , et al. (
- Panos Global AIDS Program, (2006) Antiretroviral Drugs for all? Obstacles to Access to HIV/AIDS: Treatment Lessons From Ethiopia, Haiti, India, Nepal and Zambia. Available at http://www.etharc.org/arvinfo/arvsforall.pdf. Panos Global AIDS Programme, Lusaka.
- 2000) Enhancement of human immunodeficiency virus type-1 specific CD4 and CD8 T cells responses in chronically infected persons after temporary treatment interruption. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 182, 766–775. , , et al. (
- 2004) Challenges faced with adherence and defaulters at and HIV treatment clinic, Port of Spain, Trinidad. International Conference on AIDS. 15, 11–16 abstract no. WePeB5805. & . (
- 2002) Adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART) in HIV-infected patients: from a predictive to a dynamic approach. Social Science & Medicine 54, 1481–1496. , , , , & (
- 2001) Adherence to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-positive children: examination of the role of caregiver health beliefs. AIDS Care, 13, 617–629. , , et al. (