Integrating research into routine service delivery in an antiretroviral treatment programme: lessons learnt from a cluster randomized trial comparing strategies of HIV care in Jinja, Uganda
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2008
© 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 795–800, June 2008
How to Cite
Jaffar, S., Amuron, B., Birungi, J., Namara, G., Nabiryo, C., Coutinho, A. and Grosskurth, H. (2008), Integrating research into routine service delivery in an antiretroviral treatment programme: lessons learnt from a cluster randomized trial comparing strategies of HIV care in Jinja, Uganda. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 13: 795–800. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2008.02068.x
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2008
- 2007) A cluster randomised trial to compare home-based with health facility-based antiretroviral treatment in Uganda: study design and baseline findings. The Open AIDS Journal 1, 21–27. , , et al. (
- 2006) Operational challenges in large clinical trials: examples and lessons learned from the Gambia pneumococcal vaccine trial. PLoS Clinical Trials 1, e16. , , & (
- International Conference on Harmonisation (1996) ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice. Geneva, Switzerland. http://www.ich.org/LOB/media/MEDIA482.pdf .
- 2007) Strategies to improve recruitment to research studies. Cochrane Database Systematic Reviews, MR000013. , & (
- 2007) Incentives and disincentives to participation by clinicians in randomised controlled trials. Cochrane Database Systematic Reviews, MR000021. , & (
- World Health Organization (2006) The World Health Report 2006: Working Together for Health. WHO, Geneva. http://www.who.int/whr/2006/whr06_en.pdf .