Performance-based financing for better quality of services in Rwandan health centres: 3-year experience
Version of Record online: 26 MAY 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 830–837, July 2009
How to Cite
Rusa, L., Ngirabega, J. d. D., Janssen, W., Van Bastelaere, S., Porignon, D. and Vandenbulcke, W. (2009), Performance-based financing for better quality of services in Rwandan health centres: 3-year experience. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 14: 830–837. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2009.02292.x
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 26 MAY 2009
- 2006) Health worker motivation in Africa: the role of non-financial incentives and human resource management tools. Human Resources for Health 4, 24. & (
- 2006) Output-based payment to boost staff productivity in public health centers: contracting in Kabutare district, Rwanda. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 85, 108–115. , & (
- MoH (2007) Interim Demographic Health Survey. MoH, Rwanda.
- 2005) How can we achieve and maintain high-quality performance of health workers in low-resource settings? Lancet 366, 1026–1035. , , & (
- 2006) Performance-based financing and changing the district health system: experience from Rwanda. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 84, 884–889. , & (
- WHO (2003) The Role of Contractual Arrangements in Improving Health Systems’ Performance. Fifty-sixth World Health Assembly 2003, WHA56.25 Agenda Item 14.13. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2005) Application of Contracting in Health Systems: Key Messages. Technical Briefs for Policy Makers.