Avian influenza and South Jakarta primary healthcare workers: a controlled mixed-method study
Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 817–829, July 2009
How to Cite
Koh, G. C.-H., Abikusno, N., Kwing, C. S., Yee, W. T., Kusumaratna, R., Sundram, M., Koh, K., Eng, C. S. and Koh, D. (2009), Avian influenza and South Jakarta primary healthcare workers: a controlled mixed-method study. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 14: 817–829. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2009.02297.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
- 2002) Sociocultural aspects of the aged: a case study in Indonesia. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition 11, S348–S350. (
- 2005) Indonesia struggles to control bird flu outbreak. Nature 437, 937. (
- 2006) Pandemic ‘dry run’ is cause for concern. Nature 441, 554–555. (
- Center for Data and Information, Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia (2007) Indonesian country profile 2005. http://www.depkes.go.id/en/index_en.htm (accessed on 25 October 2007).
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (2007) Interim recommendations for infection control in health-care facilities caring for patients with known or suspected avian influenza. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/professional/infect-control.htm (accessed on 1 November 2007).
- 2007) Concerns and preparedness of healthcare workers in hospitals for an avian influenza pandemic. Industrial Health 45, 653–661. , , et al. (
- 2007) Influenza vaccination rates and motivators among healthcare worker groups. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 28, 171–177. , & (
- 2006) Two-thirds of doctors in UK say the NHS could not cope with bird flu epidemic. BMJ 333, 674. (
- 2005) Australian public and smallpox. Emerging Infectious Diseases 11, 1748–1750. , , , & (
- 2006) Enhancing public health response to respiratory epidemics. Canadian Family Physician Médecin de Famille Canadien 52, 1254–1260. , , & (
- 2008) Perception in relation to a potential influenza pandemic among healthcare workers in Japan: implications for preparedness. Journal of Occupational Health 50, 13–23. , , et al. (
- Institute of Medicine (2007) Preparing for an influenza pandemic: personal protective equipment for healthcare workers. http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3740/29908/46095.aspx (Accessed on 22 October 2007).
- 2007) Influenza vaccination coverage and predictors for vaccination among Spanish healthcare workers. Human Vaccines 3, 33–36. , , & (
- 2006) Three Indonesian clusters of H5N1 virus infection in 2005. The New England Journal of Medicine 355, 2186–2194. , , et al. (
- 2007) Flu preparedness. JAMA 298, 1858. (
- 2006) Averting avian influenza pandemic: SOS from a developing country. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 6, 756–757. (
- 2006) The GP’s response to pandemic influenza: a qualitative study. Family Practice 23, 267–272. , , & (
- 2004) Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related psychiatric and posttraumatic morbidities and coping responses in medical staff within a primary health care setting in Singapore. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 65, 1120–1127. , , & (
- 2006) Family physicians’ experiences, behaviour, and use of personal protection equipment during the SARS outbreak in Singapore: do they fit the Becker Health Belief Model? Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 18, 49–56. , & (
- 2008) Attitude of Dutch hospital personnel towards influenza vaccination. Vaccine 26, 1297–1302. , , , , & (
- 2008a) Concerns, perceived impact and preparedness in an avian influenza pandemic – a comparative study between healthcare workers in primary and tertiary care. Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore 37, 96–102. , , et al. (
- 2008b) A cross-sectional study of primary-care physicians in Singapore on their concerns and preparedness for an avian influenza outbreak. Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore 37, 458–464. , , et al. (
- World Health Organization (2008) Cumulative number of confirmed human cases of avian influenza A/(H5N1) reported to WHO. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/country/cases_table_2007_10_31/en/index.html (accessed on 1 November 2008).
- 2007) What role for primary care physicians in case of influenza pandemic? (In French) Revue Médicale Suisse 3, 910–914. , , , , & (