Analysing Longitudinal Population-based HIV/AIDS data on Africa.
Translating global health research aims into action: the example of the ALPHA network*
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 15, Issue 3, pages 321–328, March 2010
How to Cite
Maher, D., Biraro, S., Hosegood, V., Isingo, R., Lutalo, T., Mushati, P., Ngwira, B., Nyirenda, M., Todd, J., Zaba, B. and on behalf of the collaborators in the ALPHA network (2010), Translating global health research aims into action: the example of the ALPHA network. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 15: 321–328. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2009.02456.x
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2010
- Anonymous (2008) The state of health research worldwide. Lancet 372, 1519.
- 2007) Survival and mortality of people infected with HIV in low and middle income countries – results from the extended ALPHA network. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S1–S4. , & (
- Global Ministerial Forum on Research for Health (2008) The Bamako call to action on research for health. Strengthening research for health, development and equity. http://www.bamako2008.org/dmdocuments/CTA_3.pdf .
- 2009) Sexual behaviour change in countries with generalised HIV epidemics? Evidence from population-based cohort studies in sub-Saharan Africa. Sexually transmitted infections 85, i1–i2. , & (
- on behalf of the ALPHA Network (2008) Estimating incidence from prevalence in generalised HIV epidemics: methods and validation. PLoS Medicine 5, 611–622. , , et al.
- 2009) Demographic impact of HIV and AIDS on the family and household life-cycle: implications for strengthening families. AIDS Care 21, 13–21. (
- 2007) “Net” mortality methods with comparison and summary of HIV-specific “Net survival”. AIDS 21, S65–S71. , , & (
- 2009) Trends in marriage and time spent single in sub-Saharan Africa: a comparative analysis of six population-based cohort studies and nine Demographic and Health Surveys. Sexually transmitted infections 85, i64–i71. , , et al. (
- 2008) Global research for health. Should tackle health needs and inform policy. British Medical Journal 337, 1249–1250. (
- 2007) Cause of death and presence of respiratory disease at autopsy in an HIV-1 seroconversion cohort of Southern African gold miners. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S97–S104. , , , , & (
- 2007) Survival after HIV-1 subtype E (CRF01 A_E) among blood donors and their spouses in northern Thailand. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S47–S54. , , , & (
- for the Rwanda-Zambia HIV Research Group (2007) HIV-infected Rwandan women have a high frequency of long-term survival. AIDS 21 (Suppl. 6), S31–S37. , , et al.
- 2007) The natural history of HIV-1 subtype E infections in young men in Thailand with up to 14 years of follow-up. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), 6. , , , , & (
- 2007) Time from HIV sero-conversion to death prior to ART: a collaborative analysis of eight studies in six developing countries. AIDS 21, S55–S63. , , et al. (
- 2009) Estimating incidence of HIV infection in Uganda (Letter). Journal of the American Medical Association 301, 159–160. , & (
- UNAIDS (2009) Reference Group on Estimates, Modelling and Projections. http://www.epidem.org/ (accessed 10 September 2009).
- UNAIDS & WHO (2007). AIDS Epidemic Update: December 2007. WHO, Geneva.
- Wellcome Trust and Tanzania National Institute of Medical Research (2008) Meeting report. Cohorts and prospective studies – a North-South networking meeting. Arusha, Tanzania. 7–9 January 2008.
- Wellcome Trust & WHO (2008) Sharing Public Health Data: a code of conduct. Paper presented at 2008 conference on global health research in Bamako, Mali.
- WHO (2009) WHO Working Group on HIV Incidence. (http://www.who.int/diagnostics_laboratory/links/hiv_incidence_assay/en/index1.html) (accessed 10 September 2009).
- 2009) A comparative assessment of the quality of age at event reporting in three HIV cohort studies in sub-Saharan Africa. Sexually transmitted infections 85, i56–i63. , , et al. (
- 2008) ALPHA Network. Diverse Age Patterns of HIV Incidence Rates in Africa. Abstract TUAC0201, XVII International AIDS Conference, Mexico, August 2008. , & et al. . (