Outcome assessment of decentralization of antiretroviral therapy provision in a rural district of Malawi using an integrated primary care model
Version of Record online: 29 APR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Special Issue: Retention of patients in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa
Volume 15, Issue Supplement s1, pages 90–97, June 2010
How to Cite
Chan, A. K., Mateyu, G., Jahn, A., Schouten, E., Arora, P., Mlotha, W., Kambanji, M. and van Lettow, M. (2010), Outcome assessment of decentralization of antiretroviral therapy provision in a rural district of Malawi using an integrated primary care model. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 15: 90–97. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02503.x
- Issue online: 29 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 29 APR 2010
- 2007) Implementing antiretroviral therapy in rural communities: the Lusikisiki model of decentralized HIV/AIDS care. JID 196, s464–s468. , , & (
- 2008) Defaulters from antiretroviral therapy in Jimma University Specialized Hospital, Southwest Ethiopia. Tropical Medicine and International Health 13, 328–333. , , , & (
- 2007) How far should they walk? Increasing antiretroviral therapy access in a rural community in Northern KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa JID 196, s469–s473. & (
- Malawi Ministry of Health (2004) Guidelines for ART Provision, 2nd edn. Ministry of Health, Lilongwe.
- Malawi Ministry of Health (2008) HIV and Syphilis Sero–Survey and National HIV Prevalence and AIDS Estimates Report 2007. National AIDS Commission, Lilongwe.
- Malawi National Statistics Office (2008) 2008 Population and Housing Census Preliminary Report. National Statistics Office, Zomba.
- 2009) Patient retention and attrition on antiretroviral treatment at district level in rural Malawi. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 103, 594–600. , , et al. (
- 2007) True outcome for patients on antiretroviral therapy who are “lost to follow up” in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 85, 550–554. , , et al. (
- 2006) Acceptance of anti-retroviral therapy among patients infected with HIV and TB in rural Malawi is low and associated with cost of transport. PLoS ONE 1, e121. , , et al. (