Early active follow-up of patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) who are lost to follow-up: the ‘Back-to-Care’ project in Lilongwe, Malawi
Article first published online: 29 APR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Special Issue: Retention of patients in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa
Volume 15, Issue Supplement s1, pages 82–89, June 2010
How to Cite
Tweya, H., Gareta, D., Chagwera, F., Ben-Smith, A., Mwenyemasi, J., Chiputula, F., Boxshall, M., Weigel, R., Jahn, A., Hosseinipour, M. and Phiri, S. (2010), Early active follow-up of patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) who are lost to follow-up: the ‘Back-to-Care’ project in Lilongwe, Malawi. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 15: 82–89. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02509.x
- Issue published online: 29 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2010
- 2003) Adherence practices among people living with HIV. AIDS Care 15, 263–274. , & (
- 2008) The World Health Organization’s Global Strategy for Prevention and Assessment of HIV Drug Resistance. WHO, Geneva. , , & (
- 2008) Overestimates of survival after HAART: implications for global scale-up efforts. PLoS ONE 3, e1725. , , et al. (
- HIV Unit, MoH (2008) ARV Therapy in Malawi – up to 31st December 2008. Quarterly Report. MoH, Lilongwe.
- 2002) Intermittent use of triple-combination therapy is predictive of mortality at baseline and after 1 year of follow-up. AIDS 16, 1051–1058. , , et al. (
- 2001) Reasons for modification and discontinuation of antiretrovirals: results from a single treatment centre. AIDS 15, 185–194. , , et al. (
- 2007) Patient retention in antiretroviral therapy programs in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review. PLoS Med 4, e298. , & (
- UNAIDS (2009) Report on the Global AIDS Epidemic. UNAIDS, Geneva.
- 2009) Impact of the Kenya post-election crisis on clinic attendance and medication adherence for HIV-infected children in western Kenya. Confl Health 3, 5. , , et al. (
- WHO (2006) Progress on Global Access to HIV Antiviral Therapy: Report on ‘3 by 5’ and Beyond WHO, Geneva.
- 2007) True outcomes for patients on antiretroviral therapy who are “lost to follow-up” in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 85, 550–554. , , et al. (