Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Predictive diagnostic value of the tourniquet test for the diagnosis of dengue infection in adults
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 127–133, January 2011
How to Cite
Mayxay, M., Phetsouvanh, R., Moore, C. E., Chansamouth, V., Vongsouvath, M., Sisouphone, S., Vongphachanh, P., Thaojaikong, T., Thongpaseuth, S., Phongmany, S., Keolouangkhot, V., Strobel, M. and Newton, P. N. (2011), Predictive diagnostic value of the tourniquet test for the diagnosis of dengue infection in adults. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 127–133. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02641.x
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
- 1991) Practical Statistics for Medical Research. Chapman and Hall, London. (
- Anonymous (2010) Global burden of dengue. Available from: http://www.pdvi.org/about_dengue/GBD.asp (accessed 21 May 2010).
- 2007) Prospective study to determine accuracy of rapid serological assays for diagnosis of acute dengue virus infection in Laos. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology: CVI 14, 1458–1464. , , et al. (
- 2008) Evaluation of the Panbio dengue virus nonstructural 1 antigen detection and immunoglobulin M antibody enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for the diagnosis of acute dengue infections in Laos. Diagnostic Microbiology & Infectious Disease 60, 43–49. , , et al. (
- 2002) Comparative evaluation of selected diagnosis assays for the detection of IgG and IgM antibody to Orientia tsutsugamushi in Thailand. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 67, 497–503. , , et al. (
- 1977) The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data. Biometrics 33, 159–174. & (
- National Center of Laboratory and Epidemiology (NCLE) of Laos (2009) Dengue Surveillance Data. Ministry of Health, Vientiane, Government of the Lao PDR.
- 2006) Repeated tourniquet testing as a diagnostic tool in dengue infection. Medical Journal of Malaysia 61, 22–27. , , & (
- 2004) Serological investigation of the prevalence of anti-dengue IgM and IgG antibodies in Attapeu Province, South Laos. Clinical Microbiology & Infection 10, 181–184. , , et al. (
- 2006) Causes of community-acquired bacteremia and patterns of antimicrobial resistance in Vientiane, Laos. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 75, 978–985. , , et al. (
- 2009) Comparison of indirect immunofluorescence assays for diagnosis of scrub typhus and murine typhus using venous blood and finger prick filter paper blood spots. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 80, 837–840. , , , & (
- 2006) Rickettsial infections and fever, Vientiane, Laos. Emerging Infectious Diseases 12, 256–262. , , et al. (
- 2002) Evaluation of the World Health Organization standard tourniquet test and a modified tourniquet test in the diagnosis of dengue infection in Vietnam. Tropical Medicine & International Health 7, 125–132. , , et al. (
- 2008) Clinical and laboratory features that distinguish dengue from other febrile illnesses in endemic populations. Tropical Medicine & International Health 13, 1328–1340. & (
- 1999) Validity of tourniquet test in dengue haemorrhagic fever. The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India 47, 203–204. , , , & (
- WHO (1997) Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever: Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention and Control, 2nd edn. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- WHO (2009) Dengue: Guidelines for Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention and Control. WHO/HTM/NTD/DEN/2009.1. World Health Organization, Geneva.