Per diems in Africa: a counter-argument
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 1553–1555, December 2010
How to Cite
Conteh, L. and Kingori, P. (2010), Per diems in Africa: a counter-argument. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 15: 1553–1555. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02644.x
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
- 2003) Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: a systematic review. JAMA 289, 454–465. , & (
- Cambridge Dictionary (2010) http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/corruption_1 (accessed 29 July 2010).
- 2009) Low salaries, the culture of per diems and corruption. U4 Expert answer. Transparency International. http://www.u4.no/helpdesk/helpdesk/query.cfm?id=220 (accessed 3 August 2010). (
- 2006) Must aid hinder attempts to reach the Millennium Development Goals? Lancet 367, 629–631. , & (
- 2008) Salaries and incomes of health workers in sub-Saharan Africa. Lancet 371, 675–681. , , et al. (
- 2009) Global health funding: how much, where it comes from and where it goes. Health Policy and Planning 24, 407–417. , & (
- 2009) When Experiments Travel: Clinical Trials and the Global Search for Human Subjects. Princeton University Press, Princeton. (
- 2003) International NGOs and primary health care in Mozambique: the need for a new model of collaboration. Social Science & Medicine 56, 725–738. (
- 2009) Financing of global health: tracking development assistance for health from 1990 to 2007. Lancet 373, 2113–2124. , , et al. (
- 1997) How African doctors make ends meet: an exploration. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2, 127–135. , , , & (
- United Nations (2010) The Millennium Development Goals Report 2010. UN, New York.
- World Health Organization (2010) Financial Services: per diem rates. http://apps.who.int/bfi/tsy/PerDiem.aspx. (accessed 4 August 2010).