Viewpoint: Why do we need a point-of-care CD4 test for low-income countries?
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 37–41, January 2011
How to Cite
Zachariah, R., Reid, S. D., Chaillet, P., Massaquoi, M., Schouten, E. J. and Harries, A. D. (2011), Viewpoint: Why do we need a point-of-care CD4 test for low-income countries?. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 37–41. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02669.x
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
- 2010) Who starts antiretroviral therapy in Durban, South Africa?... not everyone who should. AIDS 24(Suppl. 1), S37–S44. , , et al. (
- 2010) CD4 + Cell Count Testing More Effective Than HIV Disease Clinical Staging in Identifying Pregnant and Postpartum Women Eligible for Antiretroviral Therapy in Resource-Limited Settings. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. 55, 404–410. , , et al. (
- 2009) Virological monitoring and resistance to first-line highly active antiretroviral therapy in adults infected with HIV-1 treated under WHO guidelines: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infectious Diseases 9, 409–417. , , et al. (
- 2010). CD4 Iniative and Zyomyx CD4 POC technology. Available; http://www.news-medical.net/news/20091117/CD4-Initiative-selects-Zyomyxs-CD4-POC-technology-as-best-for-measuring-CD4-T-cell-count-in-HIVAIDS-patients.aspx (Accessed 23rd August 2010). (
- 2010) The “ART” of linkage: pre-treatment loss to care after HIV diagnosis at two PEPFAR sites in Durban, South Africa. PLoS ONE 5, e9538. , , et al. (
- 2009) Viraemia and HIV-1 drug resistance mutations among patients receiving antiretroviral treatment in Mozambique. Transactions Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 103, 607–612. , , et al. (
- 2010) Evidence-based approach to the maintenance of laboratory and medical equipment in resource-poor settings. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 48, 721–726. & (
- 2008) Evaluation of the WHO criteria for antiretroviral treatment failure among adults in South Africa. AIDS 22, 1971–1977. , , et al. (
- MOHP (2010) Quarterly Report of Antiretroviral Treatment in Malawi upto March 31st 2010 Ministry of Health and population, Lilongwe, Malawi.
- 2010) Evaluation of the PIMA Point-of-Care CD4 Analyzer in VCT Clinics in Zimbabwe. Journal Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 55, 1–7. , , et al. (
- 2010) Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trial. Lancet 375, 123–131. , , et al. (
- 2008) Task shifting for antiretroviral treatment delivery in sub-Saharan Africa: not a panacea. Lancet 371, 682–684. , & (
- 2010) Early versus standard antiretroviral therapy for HIV-infected adults in Haiti. New England Journal of Medicine 363, 257–265. , , et al. (
- 2010) Unacceptable attrition among WHO stages 1 and 2 patients in a hospital-based setting in rural Malawi: can we retain such patients within the general health system? Transactions Royal Society Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 104, 313–319. , , et al. (
- WHO (2009) Towards Universal access. Scaling up priority HIV/AIDS interventions in the health sector. Progress report Available: http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/2009progressreport/en/index.html (Accessed 22nd August 2010).
- WHO (2010) Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in Adults and Adolescents. Recommendations for a Public Health Approach. 2010 revision. World Health Organsiation, Geneva, Switzerland. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241599764_eng.pdf. (Accessed 22nd August 2010).
- 2009) Task shifting in HIV/AIDS: opportunities, challenges and proposed actions for sub-Saharan Africa. Transactions Royal Society Tropical Medicine Hygiene 103, 549–558. , , et al. (