Costs and outcomes of VCT delivery models in the context of scaling up services in Indonesia
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 193–199, February 2011
How to Cite
Siregar, A. Y. M., Komarudin, D., Wisaksana, R., van Crevel, R. and Baltussen, R. (2011), Costs and outcomes of VCT delivery models in the context of scaling up services in Indonesia. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 193–199. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02675.x
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2010
- 2009) HIV and injecting drug use in Indonesia: epidemiology and national response. Acta Medica Indonesiana 41(Suppl. 1), 75–78. , , et al. (
- 2008) Changing cost of HIV interventions in the context of scaling-up in India. AIDS 22: S43–S49, doi:10.1097/01.aids.0000327622.24232.aa. , & et al. (
- 2005) Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes, 3rd edn. Oxford University Press, New York. , , et al. (
- General Directorate of Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia (MOH-RI) (2009) Case Statistics of HIV/AIDS in Indonesia – Report of March 2009. MOH-RI, Jakarta.
- Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP) (2008) The Potential of Provider-Initiated Voluntary HIV Counselling and Testing at Health Care Settings in Thailand, Final Report. 2008. HITAP, Thailand.
- 2005) Cost effectiveness analysis of strategies to combat HIV/AIDS in developing countries, achieving the millennium development goals for health. British Medical Journal 331, 1431–1437. , & et al. (
- 2003) Programme costs in the economic evaluation of health interventions. Cost effectiveness and resource allocation 1, 1, http://www.resource-allocation.com/content/1/1/1 . , & (
- 1989) Isolation of human immunodeficiency virus from genital ulcers in Nairobi Prostitues. Journal of Infectious Diseases 160, 380–384. , , et al. (
- 2004) Scaling-up VCT Service Delivery: Results from an ‘Integrated’ Approach Using Rapid Tests in Primary Health Care Facilities in 3 Districts of Tanzania. Presented on International Conference on AIDS (15th: 2004: Bangkok, Thailand) , , , , & (
- 2006) Anal and dry sex in commercial sex work, and relation to risk for sexually transmitted infections and HIV in Meru, Kenya. Sexually Transmitted Infections 82, 392–396, doi:10.1136/sti.2006.019794. , , , & (
- 2009) Economic aspect of HIV/AIDS control and injecting drug use in Indonesia. Acta Medica Indonesiana 41 (Suppl. 1), 70–74. , , , , & (
- 2009) Perceived barriers of taking HIV test (VCT) among IDUs in Bandung. IMPACT; unpublished. , & et al. (
- 2005) Cost-effectiveness of models for prevention of vertical HIV transmission – voluntary counseling and testing and choices of drug regimen. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 3: 7; doi:10.1186/1478-7547-3-7. , , & (
- The World Bank (2009) WDI Online (World Development Indicators) 2008. Available from: http://ddp-ext.worldbank.org/ext/DDPQQ/member.do?method=getMembers &userid=1&queryId=6. (accessed 20 October 2009).
- UNAIDS (2001) The Impact of Voluntary Counselling and Testing: A Global Review and Challenges: June 2001. UNAIDS, Geneva.
- UNAIDS, WHO (2007) AIDS epidemic update: December 2007. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and World Health Organzation (WHO), Geneva.
- 2003) Cost and cost-effectiveness of HIV/AIDS prevention strategies in developing countries: is there an evidence base? Health Policy and Planning 18, 4–17. (
- 2009) Challenges in delivering HIV-care in Indonesia: experience from a referral hospital. Acta Medica Indonesiana 41(Suppl. 1), 45–51. , , et al. (