India calling: harnessing the promise of mobile phones for HIV healthcare
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 2, pages 214–216, February 2011
How to Cite
Shet, A. and de Costa, A. (2011), India calling: harnessing the promise of mobile phones for HIV healthcare. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 214–216. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02678.x
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2010
- Cellular Operators Association of India (2010) Cellular Statistics: Subscriber Figures. Cellular Operators Association of India. Available at: http://www.coai.com/statistics.php. Accessed on August 4, 2010.
- 2010) Design of a randomized trial to evaluate the influence of mobile phone reminders on adherence to first line antiretroviral treatment in South India – the HIVIND study protocol. BMC Med Res Methodol 10, 25. , , et al. (
- 2010) Challenges in using mobile phones for collection of antiretroviral therapy adherence data in a resource-limited setting. AIDS and Behavior, Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 20532605. , , , & (
- 2006) Can the ubiquitous power of mobile phones be used to improve health outcomes in developing countries? Global Health 2, 9. (
- 2008) Mobile phones: exceptional tools for HIV/AIDS, health, and crisis management. Lancet Infect Dis 8, 738–739. & (
- 2006) Cell phones: tightening the communication gap in resource-limited antiretroviral programmes? Aids 20, 2242–2244. , & (
- 2009) The HAART cell phone adherence trial (WelTel Kenya1): a randomized controlled trial protocol. Trials 10, 87. , , et al. (
- National AIDS Control Organization (2010) Patients Alive and on Antiretroviral Therapy. National AIDS Control Organization, New Delhi. Available at: http://www.nacoonline.org/Quick_Links/HIV_Data/Patients_alive_and_on_ART/. Accessed on August 4, 2010.
- 2010) Designing a mobile phone-based intervention to promote adherence to antiretroviral therapy in South India. AIDS and Behavior 14, 716–720. , , et al. (
- UN (2009) Yearbook of Statistics: Telecommunications Indicators Database, 2009. International Telecommunication Union, United Nations, New York. Available at: http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/ict/index.html. Accessed on August 4, 2010.
- UNAIDS (2007) AIDS Epidemic Update, Dec 2007. UNAIDS, New York. Available at: http://data.unaids.org/pub/EPISlides/2007/2007_epiupdate_en.pdf. Accessed on May 20, 2009.
- WHO (2006) The World Health Report 2006. Working Together for Health. WHO, Geneva. Available at: http://www.who.int/whr/2006/whr06_en.pdf. Accessed on May 15, 2009.