How much longer will Africa have to depend on western nations for support of its capacity-building efforts for biomedical research?
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 258–262, March 2011
How to Cite
Laabes, E. P., Desai, R., Zawedde, S. M. and Glew, R. H. (2011), How much longer will Africa have to depend on western nations for support of its capacity-building efforts for biomedical research?. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 258–262. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02709.x
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2011
- 2009) Building capacity without disrupting health services: public health education for Africa through distance learning. Human Resources for Health 7, 28. , & (
- 2005) The role of NGOs in global health research for development. Health Research Policy and Systems 3, 3. , , , & (
- Department of Health (2001) Health Research Policy in South Africa. Department of Health, Pretoria.
- 2008) Promoting collaborations between biomedical scholars in the US and sub-Saharan Africa. Experimental Biology and Medicine 233, 277–285. (
- 2008) Research training should be emphasized for Nigerian postgraduates in the medical specialties. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice 11, 401. (
- 2007) The need to improve the quality of scientific manuscripts published in Nigerian biomedical journals. The West African medical journal 26, 160. & (
- 1998) Partnership between south and north crystallizes around malaria. Science 279, 498–499. , , & (