Global Fund financing of public–private mix approaches for delivery of tuberculosis care
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 6, pages 685–692, June 2011
How to Cite
Lal, S. S., Uplekar, M., Katz, I., Lonnroth, K., Komatsu, R., Yesudian Dias, H. M. and Atun, R. (2011), Global Fund financing of public–private mix approaches for delivery of tuberculosis care. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 685–692. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02749.x
- Issue published online: 10 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
- 2006) Improving tuberculosis control through public–private collaboration in India: literature review. British Medical Journal 332, 574–578. , , et al. (
- 2006) Cost and cost-effectiveness of public and private sector collaboration in tuberculosis control: evidence from India. Bulletin of World Health Organization 84, 437–445. , , et al. (
- 2010) Factors influencing performance of Global Fund-supported tuberculosis grants. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 14, 1097–1103. , , , , & (
- 2011) Sexual and reproductive health activities in HIV programmes: can we monitor progress? Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 65, 199–204. , , et al. (
- 2006) Hard gains through soft contracts – productive engagement of private providers in tuberculosis control. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 84, 876–883. , & (
- 2010) The incremental cost-effectiveness of engaging private practitioners to refer tuberculosis suspects to DOTS services in Jogjakarta, Indonesia. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 82, 1131–1139. , , et al. (
- Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (2002) Report on the nationwide random survey for the epidemiology of tuberculosis in 2000, Beijing.
- National Center for TB & Leprosy Services Cambodia (2008) Report of the Community-DOTS and PPM Evaluation in Cambodia, Phnom Penh, December 2–15, 2008.
- 2009) Economic evaluation of PPM-DOTS in Bangalore, south India. Part II: Cost and cost-effectiveness of intensified efforts. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 13, 705–712. , , et al. (
- 2006) Turning liabilities into resources: the informal village doctors and TB control in Bangladesh. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 84, 479–484. , , , , & (
- 2006) Financing and cost-effectiveness analysis of public–private partnerships: Provision of tuberculosis treatment in South Africa. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 4, 11. & (
- Stop TB Partnership, World Health Organization (WHO) (2006) Global Plan to Stop TB 2006–2015. WHO/HTM/STB/2006.35. Geneva, editor; 2006.http://www.stoptb.org/assets/documents/global/plan/GlobalPlanFinal.pdf.
- Stop TB Partnership, World Health Organization (WHO) (2007) PPM for TB Care and Control: A Tool for National Situation Assessment. WHO/HTM/TB/2007.391. Geneva: WHO. http://www.who.int/tb/publications/2007/who_htm_tb_2007_391/en/index.html .
- 2003) Involving private health care providers in delivery of TB care: Global strategy. Tuberculosis 83, 156–164. (
- World Health Organization (2009a). Global Tuberculosis Control: Epidemiology, Strategy, Financing. WHO report 2009, WHO/HTM/TB/2009.411. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2009 (WHO). http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/2009/en/index.html.
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2001) Involving Private Practitioners in Tuberculosis Control: Issues Interventions and Emerging Policy Framework. WHO/CDS/TB/2001.285. Geneva: WHO; 2001.http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2001/WHO_CDS_TB_2001.285.pdf.
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2006a) Engaging All Health Care Providers in TB Control: Guidance on Implementing Public–Private Mix Approaches. WHO/HTM/TB/2006.360. Geneva: WHO; 2006.http://www.who.int/tb/publications/2006/en/index.html.
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2006b) UNAIDS, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS Tuberculosis & Malaria. USAID, US Department of State, OGAC, et al. Monitoring and Evaluation Toolkit: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. Geneva; 2006 January. http://www.theglobalfund.org/documents/me/M_E_Toolkit_P2-TB_en.pdf.
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2008) Stop TB Planning Matrix and Frameworks: Tool for Global Fund Round 8 TB Proposal Preparation. Geneva: WHO. http://www.who.int/tb/dots/planningframeworks/r8_planning_matrix_framework_28_02.pdf .
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2009b) Global Tuberculosis Control: Epidemiology, Strategy, Financing. WHO report 2009, WHO/HTM/TB/2009.411. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/2009/en/index.html .
- World Health Organization (WHO) (2010) WHO report 2010. Global Tuberculosis Control, WHO/HTM/TB/2010.7. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/2009/en/index.html .