Men and antiretroviral therapy in Africa: our blind spot
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 7, pages 828–829, July 2011
How to Cite
Cornell, M., McIntyre, J. and Myer, L. (2011), Men and antiretroviral therapy in Africa: our blind spot. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 828–829. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02767.x
- Issue online: 13 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2011
- 2009) Monitoring the South African National Antiretroviral Treatment Programme 2003–2007: The IeDEA Southern Africa Collaboration. South African Medical Journal 99, 653–660. , , et al. (
- 2010) Temporal changes in programme outcomes among adult patients initiating antiretroviral therapy across South Africa 2002–2007. Aids 24, 2263–2270. , , et al. (
- GLOBAL FUND TO FIGHT TB, A. M. (2008) Global Fund Gender Equality Strategy. The Global Fund to Fight TB, AIDS & Malaria, Geneva.
- 2010) Treatment interruption in a primary care antiretroviral therapy program in South Africa: cohort analysis of trends and risk factors. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 55, e17–e23. , , et al. (
- 2007) Gender distribution of adult patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in Southern Africa: a systematic review. BMC Public Health 7, 63. , , et al. (
- National Department of Health (20072011) HIV and AIDS and STI Strategic Plan for South Africa.
- National HIV and AIDS Council (2006) Republic of Zambia National HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2006–2010.
- 2010) Influence of gender on loss to follow-up in a large HIV treatment programme in western Kenya. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 88, 681–688. , , et al. (
- 2006) Rapid scale-up of antiretroviral therapy at primary care sites in Zambia: feasibility and early outcomes. JAMA 296, 782–793. , , et al. (
- 2010) Gender differences in retention and survival on antiretroviral therapy of HIV-infected adults in Malawi. Malawi Medical Journal 22, 49–56. , , , & (
- UNAIDS (2010) Global Report: UNAIDS Report on the Global AIDS Pandemic: 2010. UNAIDS.
- 2001) The forgotten fifty per cent: a review of sexual and reproductive health research and programs focused on boys and young men in Sub-Saharan Africa. African Journal of Reproductive Health/La Revue Africaine de la Santé Reproductive 5, 175–195. (
- 2003) Expanding access to HIV antiretroviral therapy among marginalized populations in the developed world. AIDS 17, 2419–2427. , , et al. (