Responding to the evidence for the management of severe malaria
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 16, Issue 9, pages 1085–1086, September 2011
How to Cite
Ford, N. P., de Smet, M., Kolappa, K. and White, N. J. (2011), Responding to the evidence for the management of severe malaria. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 16: 1085–1086. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02810.x
- Issue published online: 8 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
- 2011) Access to artesunate-amodiaquine, quinine and other anti-malarials: policy and markets in Burundi. Malaria Journal 10, 34. , , et al. (
- 2004) WHO, the Global Fund, and medical malpractice in malaria treatment. Lancet 363, 237–240. , , et al. (
- 2010) A brief history of malaria chemotherapy. The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 40, 172–177. , & (
- CIOMS (2002) Council of International Organizations of Medical Sciences: International Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects. http://www.cioms.ch/frame_guidelines_nov_2002.htm .
- South East Asian Quinine Artesunate Malaria Trial (SEAQUAMAT) group (2005) Artesunate versus quinine for treatment of severe falciparum malaria: a randomised trial. Lancet 366, 717–725. , , , & ;
- AQUAMAT group (2010) Artesunate versus quinine in the treatment of severe falciparum malaria in African children (AQUAMAT): an open-label, randomised trial. Lancet 376, 164. , , et al. ;
- 2008) Assessing antimalarial efficacy in a time of change to artemisinin-based combination therapies: the role of Médecins Sans Frontières. PLoS Medicine 5, e169. , , et al. (
- 2009) Cost-effectiveness of artesunate for the treatment of severe malaria. Tropical Medicine and International Health 14, 332–337. , , et al. (
- 2011) Cost-effectiveness of parenteral artesunate for the treatment of children with severe malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa. Bulletin of the World Health Organization in press. , , et al. (
- MSF (2011) Making the Switch: Ensuring Access to Improved Treatment for Severe Malaria in Africa. MSF, Geneva.
- 2011) Artesunate versus quinine for treating severe malaria. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 3, CD005967. , & (
- 2010) Equity and adequacy of international donor assistance for global malaria control: an analysis of populations at risk and external funding commitments. Lancet 376, 1409–1416. , , , & (
- WHO (2010) World Malaria Report. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2011) Guidelines for the Treatment of Severe Malaria, 2nd edn. WHO, Geneva.