Access to, use of and satisfaction with health services among adults enrolled in Brazil’s Family Health Strategy: evidence from the 2008 National Household Survey
Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 36–42, January 2012
How to Cite
Macinko, J. and Lima Costa, M. F. (2012), Access to, use of and satisfaction with health services among adults enrolled in Brazil’s Family Health Strategy: evidence from the 2008 National Household Survey. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: 36–42. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02866.x
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2011
- 2009) Impact of the family health program on infant mortality in Brazilian municipalities. American Journal of Public Health99, 87–93. , & (
- Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) (2005) Pesquisa Nacional por Amostra de Domicilios 2003: Acesso e Utilização de Serviços de Saúde. IBGE, Rio de Janeiro.
- Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) (2008) Pesquisa Nacional por Amostra de Domicilios 2008, Vol. 29. IBGE, Rio de Janeiro.
- Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) (2010) Pesquisa Nacional por Amostra de Domicilios 2008: Acesso e Utilização de Serviços de Saúde. IBGE, Rio de Janeiro.
- 2011) Trends in primary health care-sensitive conditions in Brazil: the role of the family health program (Project ICSAP-Brazil). Medical Care49, 577–584. , , et al. (
- 2007) [The Family Health Program and the construction of a new model for primary care in Brazil]. Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica21, 164–176. , , & (
- 2008) [Evaluation of the effectiveness of Primary Health Care in South and Northeast Brazil: methodological contributions]. Cadernos de Saúde Pública24(Suppl. 1), 159–172. , , , et al. (
- 2005) Health care users’ satisfaction in Brazil, 2003. Cadernos de Saúde Pública21 (Suppl.), 109–118. , , , & (
- 2010) Propensity Score Analysis: Statistical Methods and Applications. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA. & (
- 2010) Access to primary and preventive care among foreign-born adults in Canada and the United States. Health Services Research45, 1693–?1719. & (
- 2003) PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing. http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s432001.html. Version 4.0.3, [accessed on 1 October 2010]. & (
- 2007) Going to scale with community-based primary care: an analysis of the family health program and infant mortality in Brazil, 1999–2004. Social Science and Medicine65, 2070–2080. , , & (
- Ministry of Health of Brazil Departamento de Atenção Básica (2010) Números da Saúde da Familia. http://22.214.171.124/dab/abnumeros.php#numeros, [accessed on 7 October 2010].
- National Center for Health Statistics (2010) Health, United States, 2009: With Special Feature on Medical Technology. NCHS, Hyattsville, MD.
- 2011) The Brazilian health system: history, advances, and challenges. Lancet377, 1778–1797. , , , & (
- PNAD (2008) Pesquisa Nacional por Amostra de Domicílios-Microdata. Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística (IBGE).
- 2010) Reducing childhood mortality from diarrhea and lower respiratory tract infections in Brazil. Pediatrics126, e534–e540. , & (
- 2002) What’s the relative risk? A method to directly estimate risk ratios in cohort studies of common outcomes. Annals of Epidemiology12, 452–454. , & (
- 1998) Primary Care: Balancing Health Needs, Services and Technology. Oxford University Press, New York. (
- StataCorp (2009) Stata User’s Guide: Release 11. Stata Corporation, College Station, TX.
- 2010) Socioeconomic inequalities in the use of outpatient services in Brazil according to health care need: evidence from the World Health Survey. BMC Health Services Research10, 217. , & (
- 2007) [Access to and use of health services by rural elderly, Brazil, 1998 and 2003]. Cadernos de Saúde Pública23, 2490–2502. & (
- 2002) [Utilization of health care services in Brazil: gender, family characteristics, and social status]. Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica11, 365–373. , , & (
- 2006) Constructing socio-economic status indices: how to use principal components analysis. Health Policy and Planning21, 459–468. & (