Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Trends in the uptake of voluntary counselling and testing for HIV in rural Tanzania in the context of the scale up of antiretroviral therapy
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 8, pages e15–e25, August 2012
How to Cite
Isingo, R., Wringe, A., Todd, J., Urassa, M., Mbata, D., Maiseli, G., Manyalla, R., Changalucha, J., Mngara, J., Mwinuka, E. and Zaba, B. (2012), Trends in the uptake of voluntary counselling and testing for HIV in rural Tanzania in the context of the scale up of antiretroviral therapy. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: e15–e25. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02877.x
- Issue published online: 30 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2012
- 2008) Voluntary HIV counselling and testing among men in rural western Uganda: implications for HIV prevention. BMC Public Health 8, 263. , , , & (
- 2003) Attitudes to HIV voluntary counselling and testing among mineworkers in South Africa: will availability of antiretroviral therapy encourage testing? AIDS Care 15, 665–672. , , et al. (
- 2003) A serostatus-based approach to HIV/AIDS prevention and care in Africa. Lancet 362, 1847–1849. , & (
- 2007) Investigating factors associated with uptake of HIV voluntary counselling and testing among pregnant women living in North Uganda. AIDS Care 19, 733–739. , , , , & (
- 2008) Individual, household and community factors associated with HIV test refusal in rural Malawi. Tropical Medicine and International Health 13, 1341–1350. , , et al. (
- 2007) Expanding access to voluntary HIV counselling and testing in sub-Saharan Africa: alternative approaches for improving uptake, 2001–2007. Tropical Medicine and International Health 12, 1315–1322. & (
- 2010) Home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing found highly acceptable and to reduce inequalities. BMC Public Health 10, 347. , , & (
- 2009) From HIV diagnosis to treatment: evaluation of a referral system to promote and monitor access to antiretroviral therapy in rural Tanzania. Journal of the International AIDS Society 12, 31. , , et al. (
- TACAIDS (2005). Tanzania HIV/AIDS Indicator Survey 2003–04 Tanzania Commission for AIDS, National Bureau of Statistics and Macro International Inc., Calverton.
- TACAIDS (2008). Tanzania HIV/AIDS and Malaria Indicator Survey 2007–08. Tanzania Commission for AIDS, Zanzibar AIDS Commission, National Bureau of Statistics, Office of the Chief Government Statistician, and Macro International Inc., Dar es Salaam.
- 2010). Direct Evidence of Recent Change in HIV Prevalence and Incidence in a Rural Population Cohort in Northern Tanzania, 1994–2007. XVIII International AIDS Conference, Vienna. , , et al. (
- 2007) HIV prevalence and incidence in rural Tanzania: results from 10 years of follow-up in an open-cohort study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 46, 616–623. , , et al. (
- WHO (2005) Scaling-up HIV Testing and Counselling Services: A Toolkit for Programme Managers. WHO, Geneva.
- 2008) Uptake of HIV voluntary counselling and testing services in rural Tanzania: implications for effective HIV prevention and equitable access to treatment. Tropical Medicine and International Health 13, 319–327. , , et al. (