Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Using age-specific mortality of HIV infected persons to predict Anti-Retroviral Treatment need: a comparative analysis of data from five African population-based cohort studies
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 8, pages e3–e14, August 2012
How to Cite
Żaba, B., Kasamba, I., Floyd, S., Isingo, R., Herbst, K., Bärnighausen, T., Gregson, S., Nyamukapa, C., Kayuni, N., Todd, J., Marston, M. and Wringe, A. (2012), Using age-specific mortality of HIV infected persons to predict Anti-Retroviral Treatment need: a comparative analysis of data from five African population-based cohort studies. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: e3–e14. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02943.x
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2012
- 2012) Antiretroviral therapy uptake and coverage in four HIV community cohort studies in sub-Saharan Africa. Tropical Medicine & International Health 17, e38–e48. , , et al. (
- 2011) Correcting HIV prevalence estimates for survey nonparticipation using Heckman-type selection. Epidemiology 22, 27–35. , , & (
- DHS (2011) AIDS Indicator Survey. Available at: http://www.measuredhs.com/aboutsurveys/ais/start.cfm (accessed 29 June 2011).
- 2010) Translating global health research aims into action: the example of the ALPHA network. Tropical Medicine & International Health. 15, 321–328. , , et al. (
- 2010) Derivation of parameters used in Spectrum for eligibility for antiretroviral therapy and survival on antiretroviral therapy. Sexually Transmitted Infections 86(Suppl. 2), ii28–ii34. , , et al. (
- 2011) CD distributions and unmet ART need in a general population in rural KwaZulu-Natal. 5th SA AIDS Conference, 7–10 June 2011. Durban, South Africa. , , & (
- 2007) “Net” mortality methods with comparison and summary of HIV-specific “Net survival”. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S65–S71. , , et al. (
- Ministry of Health (2011) National AIDS Control Programme Tanzania Report on Care and Treatment Programme 2010. Ministry of Health, Dar es Salaam.
- 2007) HIV prevalence and incidence in rural Tanzania: results from 10 year follow-up in an open cohort study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes: JAIDS 46, 616–623. , , et al. (
- StataCorp (2009) Stata: Release 11. Statistical Software. StataCorp LP, College Station, TX.
- 2006) Projecting the demographic impact of AIDS and the number of people in need of treatment: updates to the Spectrum projection package. Sexually Transmitted Infections 82(Suppl. III), iii45–iii50. , , & (
- 2007) Time from HIV seroconversion to death: a collaborative analysis of eight studies in six low and middle-income countries before highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S55–S63. , , et al. (
- 2008) Duration from seroconversion to eligibility for antiretroviral therapy and from ART eligibility to death in adult HIV-infected patients from low and middle-income countries: collaborative analysis of prospective studies. Sexually Transmitted Infections 84(Suppl. 1), i31–i36. , , et al. (
- 2007) Age-specific mortality patterns in HIV-infected individuals: a comparative analysis of African community study data. AIDS 21(Suppl. 6), S87–S96. , , et al. (