Contraceptive use among HIV-positive women in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 10, pages 1227–1234, October 2012
How to Cite
Chi, B. K., Gammeltoft, T., Hanh, N. T. T. and Rasch, V. (2012), Contraceptive use among HIV-positive women in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: 1227–1234. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2012.03046.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2012
- AVERT (2012) Averting HIV AIDS (AVERT) South East Asia HIV & AIDS Statistics 2010. http://www.avert.org Vietnam/aids-hiv-south-east-asia.htm. Accessed Feb 9th 2012.
- 2005) HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Health: Sensitive and Neglected Issues Chapel Hill, NC: Ipas. (
- 2007) Reproductive choice for women and men living with HIV: contraception, abortion and fertility. Reproductive Health Matters 15(Suppl. 29), S46–S66. & (
- 2002) Contraceptive use, protected sexual intercourse and incidence of pregnancies among African HIV- infected women. DITRAME ANRS 049 Project, Abidjan 1995–2000. International Journal of STD and AIDS 13, 462–468. , , et al. (
- 2003) Safer sex and reproductive choice: findings from “Positive women: voices and choices” in Zimbabwe. Reproductive Health Matters 11, 162–173. & (
- 2008) Post-test counseling and social support from health staff caring for HIV positive pregnant women in Vietnam. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS care 20, 193–202. , , & (
- 2004) Contraceptive use in HIV-positive women. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 36, 714–720. , , & (
- 2011) Utilization of HIV voluntary counseling and testing in vietnam: an evaluation of 5 years of routine program data for national response. AIDS Education and Prevention 23(Suppl. 3), 30–48. , , et al. (
- 2007) Contraception among HIV concordant and discordant couples in Zambia: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Women’s Health 16, 1200–1210. , , et al. (
- 2007) Contraceptive use among U.S women with HIV. Journal of Women’s Health 16, 657–665. , , et al. (
- 2004) Contraceptive choice for HIV positive women. Sex Transm Infect 80, 167–173. & (
- 2008) Contraceptive use among HIV-infected women attending comprehensive care center. East African Medical Journal 85, 171–177. , & (
- 2007) Correlates of consistent condom use among HIV-positive African American women. Women and Health 46, 41–58. , & (
- 2007) Contraception and fertility plans in a cohort of HIV- positive women in care. Contraception 75, 294–298. , , & (
- 2009) The context of HIV risk behaviours among HIV-positive injection drug users in Viet Nam: Moving toward effective harm reduction. BMC Public Health 9, 98. , & (
- UNAIDS (2010) HIV transmission from men to women in intimate partner relationships in Viet Nam: a Discussion Paper. http://www.un.org.vn/en/publications/un-wide-publications/cat_view/130-un-viet-nam-joint-publications/203-hiv-joint-un-publications.html. Accessed Feb 9th 2012.
- UNGASS 2010 (2010) Vietnam Fourth Country Report on Following up to the Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS. UNGASS, Hanoi, Vietnam. http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/monitoringcountryprogress/2010 progress reports submitted by countries/vietnam_2010_country_progress_report_en.pdf. Accessed Feb 3rd 2012.
- VGSO (1997) The 1996 Population Change and Family Planning Survey: major Findings. Statistical Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- VGSO (2008) The 2007 Population Change and Family Planning Survey: Major Findings. Statistical Publishing House, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- WHO (2012) Women Need Access to Dual Protection – Effective Contraceptives and HIV Prevention Options. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.