Cohort monitoring of persons with hypertension: an illustrated example from a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 9, pages 1163–1170, September 2012
How to Cite
Khader, A., Farajallah, L., Shahin, Y., Hababeh, M., Abu-Zayed, I., Kochi, A., Harries, A. D., Zachariah, R., Kapur, A., Venter, W. and Seita, A. (2012), Cohort monitoring of persons with hypertension: an illustrated example from a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: 1163–1170. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2012.03048.x
- Issue online: 23 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
- 2011) Applying lessons learnt from the “DOTS” Tuberculosis Model to monitoring and evaluating persons with diabetes mellitus in Blantyre, Malawi. Tropical Medicine & International Health 16, 1077–1084. , , et al. (
- 2010) Using touchscreen electronic medical record systems to support and monitor national scale-up of antiretroviral therapy in Malawi. PLoS Medicine 7, e1000319. , , et al. (
- Editorial (2007) Hypertension: uncontrolled and conquering the world. The Lancet 370, 539.
- 2009) Health status and health services in the occupied Palestinian territory. Lancet 373, 837–849. , , et al. (
- 2008) Adapting the DOTS framework for tuberculosis control to the management of non-communicable diseases in sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS Medicine 5, e124. , , & (
- 2009a) Scaling up antiretroviral therapy in Malawi – implications for managing other chronic diseases in resource-limited countries. Journal of the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 52, S14–S16. , , , & (
- 2009b) The vital signs of chronic disease management. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 103, 537–540. , , , & (
- 2009) Cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, and cancer in the occupied Palestinian territory. Lancet 373, 1041–1049. , , et al. (
- for the International Society of Hypertension (2008) Global burden of blood-pressure-related diseases, 2001. Lancet 371, 151, 3–1518. , , &
- 2010) Effects of a mobile phone short message service on antiretroviral treatment adherence in Kenya (WelTelKenya1): a randomised trial. Lancet 376, 1838–1845. , , et al. (
- 2008) Blood-pressure-related disease is a global health priority. Lancet 371, 1480–1482. , , , , & (
- 2009) Palestinian refugees outside the occupied Palestinian territory. Lancet 373, 1063–1065. , , & (
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) (2011) The Annual Report of the Department of Health 2010.
- UNRWA Health Department (2009) Technical Instructions and Management Protocols on Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases. Technical Instruction Series: Number HD/DC/01/1997. Revision No.4 – June 2009.
- World Health Organization (2006) Definition and Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus and Intermediate Hyperglycaemia. Summary of Technical Report and Recommendations. WHO, Geneva.