Effectiveness of an intervention on uptake of maternal care in four counties in Ningxia, China
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 12, pages 1441–1448, December 2012
How to Cite
Zhou, H., Zhao, C.-X., Wang, X.-L., Xv, Y.-C., Shi, L. and Wang, Y. (2012), Effectiveness of an intervention on uptake of maternal care in four counties in Ningxia, China. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: 1441–1448. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2012.03092.x
- Issue published online: 21 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
- 2009) Quality of obstetric care in public-sector facilities and constraints to implementing emergency obstetric care services: evidence from high- and low-performing districts of Bangladesh. Journal of Health, Population, and Nutrition27, 139–155. , & (
- 2011) Reducing the number of antenatal care visits in low-risk pregnancies increases perinatal mortality in low- and middle-income countries; women in all settings prefer the standard visit schedule. Evidence-Based Nursing14, 55–56. (
- 1998) The structure of autobiographical memory and the event history calendar: potential improvements in the quality of retrospective reports in surveys. Memory6, 386–606. (
- 2011) Improvement of perinatal and newborn care in rural Pakistan through community-based strategies: a cluster-randomised effectiveness trial. Lancet377, 403–412. , , et al. (
- Lancet Maternal Survival Series steering group (2006) Strategies for reducing maternal mortality: getting on with what works. Lancet368, 1284–1299. , &
- 2011) Achieving millennium development goals 4 and 5 in India. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology118(Suppl. 2), 47–59. & (
- 2006) Finding a ‘safe’ place on the risk continuum: a case study of pregnancy and birthing in Lao PDR. Health Sociology Review15, 374–386. (
- 2008) Maternity waiting homes in Southern Lao PDR: the unique ‘silk home’. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research34, 767–775. & (
- 2011) Socioeconomic inequalities in hospital births in China between 1988 and 2008. Bulletin of the World Health Organization89, 432–441. , , & (
- 2003) Pregnancy – reducing maternal deaths and disability in Sri Lanka: national strategies. British Medical Bulletin67, 85–98. , & (
- 2008) Indications of recall bias found in a retrospective study of physical activity and myocardial infarction. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology61, 840–847. , , & (
- 2007) Estimates of maternal mortality worldwide between 1990 and 2005: an assessment of available data. Lancet370, 1311–1319. , , et al. (
- 2006) WHO analysis of causes of maternal death: a systematic review. Lancet367, 1066–1074. , , , & (
- 2005) Evidence-based prenatal care: part I. General prenatal care and counseling issues. American Family Physician71, 1307–1316. , & (
- 2011) Trends in maternal mortality due to obstetric hemorrhage in urban and rural China, 1996–2005. Journal of Perinatal Medicine39, 35–41. , , et al. (
- 2011) Progress towards Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 on maternal and child mortality: an updated systematic analysis. Lancet378, 1139–1165. , , et al. (
- 2009) Global and regional causes of death. British Medical Bulletin92, 7–32. , & (
- MOH China (2005) National Health Statistic Yearbook 2005 (in Chinese). MOH, China, Beijing.
- MOH China (2006) National Health Statistic Yearbook 2006 (in Chinese). MOH, China, Beijing.
- 2011) Utilization of maternal health services among young women in Kenya: insights from the Kenya Demographic and Health Survey, 2003. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth11, 1. , , & (
- 1990) A maternity waiting home reduces obstetric catastrophes. World Health Forum11, 440–445. , & (
- 2010) Maternal mortality in developing countries: challenges in scaling-up priority interventions. Women’s Health (London, England)6, 311–327. , , & (
- 2010) Utilisation of antenatal care in four counties in Ningxia, China. Midwifery27, e260–e266. (
- 2010) Innovative approaches to reducing financial barriers to obstetric care in low-income countries. American Journal of Public Health100, 1845–1852. , & (
- Lancet Maternal Survival Series steering group (2006) Maternal mortality: who, when, where, and why. Lancet368, 1189–1200. , &
- 2010) Maternal iron-folic acid supplementation programs: evidence of impact and implementation. Food and Nutrition Bulletin31(Suppl. 2), S100–S107. , & (
- 2004) Patient recall and recall bias of health state and health status. Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research4, 159–163. & (
- 1998) Understanding controlled trials. Why are randomised controlled trials important?BMJ316, 201. & (
- 2011) Advanced life support in obstetrics (ALSO) and post-partum hemorrhage: a prospective intervention study in Tanzania. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica90, 609–614. , , , , & (
- UNICEF (2006) Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey Manual 2005: Monitoring the Situation of Children and Women. UNICEF, New York, NY.
- USAID (2007) Demystifying Community Mobilization: An Effective Strategy to Improve Maternal and Newborn Health. USAID, Baltimore.
- 2009) Maternity waiting facilities for improving maternal and neonatal outcome in low-resource countries. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews3, CD006759. , & (
- 2011) Antenatal care service utilization in tribal and rural areas in a South Indian district: an evaluation through mixed methods approach. The Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association86, 11–15. , & (
- 2007) Prenatal health promotion content and health behaviors. Western Journal of Nursing Research29, 258–276. , & (
- WHO (1996) Maternity Waiting Homes: A Review of Experiences. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (1999) The World Health Report 1999: Making a Difference. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2006) Pregnancy, Childbirth, Postpartum and Newborn Care: A Guide for Essential Practice. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, The World Bank (2007) Maternal Mortality in 2005: Estimates Developed by WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, and the World Bank. WHO, Geneva.
- 2007) Use of a clean delivery kit and factors associated with cord infection and puerperal sepsis in Mwanza, Tanzania. Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health52, 37–43. , , , , & (