Cohort monitoring of persons with diabetes mellitus in a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 17, Issue 12, pages 1569–1576, December 2012
How to Cite
Khader, A., Farajallah, L., Shahin, Y., Hababeh, M., Abu-Zayed, I., Kochi, A., Harries, A. D., Zachariah, R., Kapur, A., Venter, W. and Seita, A. (2012), Cohort monitoring of persons with diabetes mellitus in a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 17: 1569–1576. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2012.03097.x
- Issue online: 21 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2012
- 2011) Applying lessons learnt from the ‘DOTS’ Tuberculosis Model to monitoring and evaluating persons with diabetes mellitus in Blantyre, Malawi. Tropical Medicine & International Health16, 1077–1084. , , et al. (
- 2010) Mobile phones to improve HIV treatment adherence. Lancet376, 1807–1808. & (
- 2010) Using touchscreen electronic medical record systems to support and monitor national scale-up of antiretroviral therapy in Malawi. PLoS Medicine7, e1000319. , , et al. (
- 2008) Adapting the DOTS framework for tuberculosis control to the management of non-communicable diseases in sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS Medicine5, e124. , , & (
- 2009a) Scaling up antiretroviral therapy in Malawi – implications for managing other chronic diseases in resource-limited countries. Journal of the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome52, S14–S16. , , , & (
- 2009b) The vital signs of chronic disease management. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene103, 537–540. , , , & (
- International Diabetes Federation (2011) IDF Diabetes Atlas, 5th edn. Available at http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas (accessed 18 August 2012).
- 2012) Cohort monitoring of persons with hypertension: an illustrated example from a primary healthcare clinic for Palestine refugees in Jordan. Tropical Medicine & International Health17, 1163–1170. , , et al. (
- 2010) Utility of glycated haemoglobin in diagnosing type 2 diabetes mellitus: a comunity-based study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism95, 2832–2835. , , et al. (
- 2010) Effects of a mobile phone short message service on antiretroviral treatment adherence in Kenya (WelTelKenya1): a randomised trial. Lancet376, 1838–1845. , , et al. (
- 2006) Supervision, monitoring and evaluation of nationwide scale-up of antiretroviral therapy in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization84, 320–326. , , et al. (
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) (2011) The Annual Report of the Department of Health 2010.United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), Amman, Jordan.
- UNRWA (2009) Technical instructions and management protocols on prevention and control of non-communicable diseases. UNRWA Health Department: Technical Instruction Series: Number HD/DC/01/1997. Revision No.4 – June 2009.
- World Health Organization (2006) Definition and Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus and Intermediate Hyperglycaemia. Summary of Technical Report and Recommendations. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- World Health Organization (2011) Use of glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus: abbreviated report of a WHO consultation. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. Available: http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/report-hba1c_2011_edited.pdf (accessed 18 August 2012).