Conflicts of interest: The author declares no conflicts of interest.
Curly hair: measured differences and contributions to breakage
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
© 2012 The International Society of Dermatology
International Journal of Dermatology
Special Issue: African Hair and Skin
Volume 51, Issue Supplement s1, pages 8–11, November 2012
How to Cite
Bryant, H., Porter, C. and Yang, G. (2012), Curly hair: measured differences and contributions to breakage. International Journal of Dermatology, 51: 8–11. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-4632.2012.05555.x
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- 1The physical properties and cosmetic behavior of hair. In Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1988: 268..
- 2Mechanical and fractographic behavior of negroid hair. J Soc Cosmet Chem 1984; 35: 21–43., , .
- 3Caucasian hair Negro hair and wool: similarities and differences. J Soc Cosmet Chem 1996; 17: 769–787., , .
- 4African-American hair: its physical properties and differences relative to Caucasian hair. Cosmet Toil 1995; 110: 39–48., , , et al.
- 10Hair manageability. J Soc Cosmet Chem 1986; 37: 489–499., , .
- 11Plastic yielding and fracture of human cuticles by cyclical torsion stresses. J Cosmet Sci 1999; 50: 69–77..
- 13African-American hair damage characterization and quantification. Proceedings of 13th International Hair Science Symposium, Potsdam, Germany , 2003., , , et al .
- 16The behavior of hair from different countries. J Cosmet Sci 2009; 60: 97–109., , , et al.