*The authors are Senior Advisor, Latin American and the Caribbean Region, and Senior Economist, Development Research Group, respectively. This paper was finalized while Schmukler was visiting the IMF Research Department in 2004. For helpful comments, we are grateful to Ricardo Caballero, Mauricio Cárdenas, Ricardo Hausmann, Alejandro Izquierdo (Referee), Olivier Jeanne (Referee), Eduardo Levy Yeyati, Benn Steil (the Editor), Guillermo Perry, and participants at the IADB/World Bank conference ‘Financial Dedollarization: Policy Options’. We are grateful to Juan Carlos Gozzi Valdez and Marina Halac for outstanding research assistance. The paper is part of a broader study on capital markets, conducted at the Chief Economist Office, Latin America and the Caribbean Region, World Bank. The views in this paper are entirely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the World Bank.
Coping with Risks through Mismatches: Domestic and International Financial Contracts for Emerging Economies
Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 349–390, December 2004
How to Cite
De La Torre, A. and Schmukler, S. L. (2004), Coping with Risks through Mismatches: Domestic and International Financial Contracts for Emerging Economies. International Finance, 7: 349–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1367-0271.2004.00142.x
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!