Patients’ perceptions of cultural factors affecting the quality of their medical encounters
Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2005
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 4–17, March 2005
How to Cite
Nápoles-Springer, A. M., Santoyo, J., Houston, K., Pérez-Stable, E. J. and Stewart, A. L. (2005), Patients’ perceptions of cultural factors affecting the quality of their medical encounters. Health Expectations, 8: 4–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-7625.2004.00298.x
- Issue online: 15 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2005
- Accepted for publication 8 September 2004
- 5U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: The Office of Minority Health. National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health Care. Federal Register, 2000; 65: 80865–80879.
- 7The Lewin Group Inc. Health Resources and Services Administration Study on Measuring Cultural Competence in Health Care Delivery Settings: A Review of the Literature. U.S.: Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA, 2001. http://www.hrsa.gov/OMH/cultural/sectionii.htm, accessed October 14, 2004.
- 10Basics of Qualitative Research: Grounded Theory Procedures and Techniques. Newbury Park: Sage Publications, Inc., 1990.,
- 11The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research. Hawthorne: Aldine Publishing Company, 1967.,
- 12QSR International. QSR N5 NUD*IST. Bundoora, Victoria: QSR International Pty Ltd, 2000.
- 13Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1981.
- 14Measuring and Interpreting Health Care Quality Across Culturally-diverse Populations: A Focus on Consumer-reported Indicators of Health Care Quality. Portland, OR: Foundation for Accountability, 2003: 1–40., , , ,
- 17Institute of Medicine Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press, 2000.
- 25Women's Health in the United States: Health Coverage and Access to Care. Menlo Park: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 2002., , ,
- 26Physician–patient communication in the primary care office: a systematic review. Journal of the American Board of Family Practice, 2002; 15: 25–38., ,
- 31Research on the provider contribution to race/ethnicity disparities in medical care. Medical Care, 2002; 40: I-140–I-151.