The development and testing of a measure assessing clinician beliefs about patient self-management
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 65–72, March 2010
How to Cite
Hibbard, J. H., Collins, P. A., Mahoney, E. and Baker, L. H. (2010), The development and testing of a measure assessing clinician beliefs about patient self-management. Health Expectations, 13: 65–72. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-7625.2009.00571.x
- Issue online: 17 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2009
- Accepted for publication 21 June 2009
- 1World Health Organization. 10 Facts About Chronic Disease. Available at: http://www.who.int, accessed on 08 April, 2009.
- 2UK Department of Health. Raising the Profile of Long Term Conditions Care. A Compendium of Information. London: UK Department of Health, January 2008.
- 3World Health Organization. Innovative Care for Chronic Conditions. Building Blocks for Action. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 2002.
- 5Self-management of chronic illness: a model for the future. Generations, 1993; XVII: 11–14..
- 6Education for Partnership. Developments in Medical Education. Oxford: Picker Institute Europe, May 2006., , .
- 7American Academy of Pediatrics. Joint Principles of a Patient-Centered Medical Home. Available at: http://www.medicalhomeinfo.org.
- 8UK Department of Health. Supporting People with Long Term Conditions. London: UK Department of Health, January 2005.
- 10UK General Medical Council. Good Medical Practice. London: UK General Medical Council, November 2006.
- 11UK General Medical Council. Self Care. A National View in 2007. London: UK Department of Health, June 2008.
- 12Taking the pulse of health care systems: experiences of patients with health problems in six countries. Health Affairs, 2005; WS: 509., , , , , .
- 13Engaging Patients in their Healthcare: How is the UK Doing Relative to Other Countries. Oxford: Picker Institute Europe, 2006..
- 14Doctors in Society. Medical Professionalism in a Changing World. Report of a Working Party of the Royal College of Physicians of London. London: Royal College of Physicians, December 2005.
- 15UK Department of Health. Care competencies to support self care. London: UK Skills for Health and Skills for Care. May 2008.
- 20Polytomous Mean-Square Fit Statistics. Rasch Measurement Transactions, 1996; 10: 516–517..