Innovation and participation for healthy public policy: the first National Health Assembly in Thailand
Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 87–96, March 2012
How to Cite
Rasanathan, K., Posayanonda, T., Birmingham, M. and Tangcharoensathien, V. (2012), Innovation and participation for healthy public policy: the first National Health Assembly in Thailand. Health Expectations, 15: 87–96. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-7625.2010.00656.x
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2011
- Accepted for publication 25 October 2010
- 1World Health Organization, UNICEF. Declaration of Alma-Ata. Alma-Ata: USSR, 1978.
- 2The contribution of social and political factors to good health. In: Halstead S, Walsh JA, Warren KS (eds) Good Health at Low Cost. New York: Rockefeller Foundation, 1985: 173–180..
- 3World Health Organization. Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. Ottawa: WHO, 1986.
- 5Commission on Social Determinants of Health. Closing the Gap in a Generation: Health Equity Through Action on the Social Determinants of Health: Commission on Social Determinants of Health final report. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008.
- 6World Health Organization. Primary Health Care: Now More than Ever. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2007.
- 9“Triangle that moves the mountain” and health systems reform movement in Thailand. Human Resources for Health Development Journal, 2000; 4: 106–110 Available at: http://www.who.int/hrh/en/HRDJ_4_2_06.pdf..
- 10The Movement of Thailand’s Health System Reform: A Paradigm Shift. Nonthaburi: National Health Commission Office, 2008., ed.
- 11National Health Commission Office. National Health Act 2007. Nonthaburi: National Health Commission Office, 2008.
- 12Models and theories. In: Davis P, Ashton T (eds) Health and Public Policy in New Zealand. Auckland: Oxford University Press, 2001: 24–43., .
- 15National Health Assembly. Resolution 1.1 Statute on National Health System [Internet], 2008, Available at: http://www.samatcha.org/sites/default/files/StatuteRes12Dec08Final.pdf, accessed 13 August 2009.
- 16National Health Assembly. Resolution 1.14 Economic Crises and Health Protection for Thai People [Internet], 2008. Available at: http://www.samatcha.org/sites/default/files/EconResolution.pdf, accessed 2 June 2009.
- 17National Health Assembly. Resolution 1.2 Universal Access to Essential Medicines for Thai People [Internet], 2008. Available at: http://www.samatcha.org/sites/default/files/AccessRes13Dec08.pdf, accessed 27 July 2009.
- 18National Health Assembly. Resolution 1.11 The System and Mechanism for Health Impact Assessment in Thai Society [Internet], 2008. Available at: http://www.samatcha.org/sites/default/files/HIADraftRes12Dec08_HIA.pdf, accessed 16 August 2009.
- 19National Health Assembly. Resolution 1.4 Participation of the people’s sector in free trade negotiation policies [Internet], 2008. Available at: http://www.samatcha.org/sites/default/files/FTADraftRes12Dec08_4.pdf, accessed 27 July 2009.