Peer education for advance care planning: volunteers’ perspectives on training and community engagement activities
Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 43–55, March 2013
How to Cite
Seymour, J. E., Almack, K., Kennedy, S. and Froggatt, K. (2013), Peer education for advance care planning: volunteers’ perspectives on training and community engagement activities. Health Expectations, 16: 43–55. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-7625.2011.00688.x
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2011
- Accepted for publication 23 March 2011
- 2National End of Life Care Programme. Advance Care Planning: A Guide for Health and Social Care Staff, 2nd edn. Leicester: National End of Life Care Porgramme , 2008.
- 3Advance care planning: the Glossary project. 2006..
- 5Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.Advance Care Planning in Cananda: A National Framework and Implementation. 2009.
- 6Department of Health.End of Life Care Strategy: Promoting High Quality Care for All Adults at End of Life. London: Her Majesty’s Stationery Office (HMSO), 2008. p. 1–171.
- 9Update on Respecting Choices four years on. http://www.edc.org/lastacts. Journal [serial on the Internet]. 200; 5(2)..
- 11Self-Management of Long-Term Health Conditions: A Handbook for People with Chronic Disease. Colorado: Bull Publishing Company, 2007..
- 13Exploring the impact of sexual orientation on experiences and concerns about end of life care and on bereavement for lesbian, gay and bisexual older people. Sociology-the Journal of the British Sociological Association, 2010; 44: 908–924., , .
- 21(on behalf of the Peer Education Project Group). Planning for Choice in End of Life Care. An Educational Guide. London: Help the Aged, 2006., ,
- 24Peer health counselling: a way of countering dependency? In: Phillipson C, (ed.) Dependency and Interdependency in Old Age: Theoretical Perspectives and Policy Alternatives. London: Croom Helm, 1986: 288–300.,
- 31The Pedagogy of the Oppressed. London: Penguin, 19701993a..
- 32Education for Participation: The Voices of Older People. A Pilot Project Designed for and With Older People. Edinburgh: Queen Margaret University College, 2003., .
- 33Telling it like it is:-An Introduction to Peer Education and Training. http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/resources/t/genericresource_tcm4251861.asp?strReferringChannel=healthpromotingschools. Angus, Scotland: Article 12 accessed 18 April 2011; 2003..
- 35Understanding Research for Social Policy and Practice: Themes, Methods and Approaches. Bristol: Policy Press, 2004., .
- 36Action Research for Health and Social Care: A Guide to Practice. Buckingham: Open University Press, 1999., .
- 37Dying Matters: Let’s Talk About It. http://www.dyingmatters.org/news/latest (accessed 21 May 2010).
- 42Peer Education: Current Literature, Practice and Emerging Trends. Adelaide: Flinders University, 2007..