Information provision for allergic consumers – where are we going with food allergen labelling?
Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2004
Volume 59, Issue 12, pages 1262–1268, December 2004
How to Cite
Mills, E. N. C., Valovirta, E., Madsen, C., Taylor, S. L., Vieths, S., Anklam, E., Baumgartner, S., Koch, P., Crevel, R. W. R. and Frewer, L. (2004), Information provision for allergic consumers – where are we going with food allergen labelling?. Allergy, 59: 1262–1268. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2004.00720.x
- Issue online: 26 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2004
- Accepted for publication 26 July 2004
- 7Codex Committee on Food Labelling. Labelling of Potential Allergens in Foods: Working Paper Prepared by Norway for the Codex Committee on Food Labelling, 22nd session, April, 1993.
- 8Codex General Standard for the Labelling of Prepackaged Foods. CODEX STAN 1-1985 (Rev. 1-1991), 1999. http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/005/y2770E/y2770E/y2770e02.htm#bm02
- 9European Union. Directive 2000/13/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 March 2000 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling, presentation and advertising of foodstuffs. Official J Europ Commun 2000;109: P0029–P0042.
- 14Development of a sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of egg residues in processed foods. J Food Prot 2001;47: 1812–1816., ,
- 19UK Food Standards Agency. Nut Allergy Labelling – Report of Research into the Consumer Response. http://www.foodstandards.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/nutallergyresearch.pdf.