Strategy for allergenicity assessment of ‘natural novel foods’: clinical and molecular investigation of exotic vegetables (water spinach, hyacinth bean and Ethiopian eggplant)
Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2007
Volume 62, Issue 11, pages 1243–1250, November 2007
How to Cite
Gubesch, M., Theler, B., Dutta, M., Baumer, B., Mathis, A., Holzhauser, T., Vieths, S. and Ballmer-Weber, B. K. (2007), Strategy for allergenicity assessment of ‘natural novel foods’: clinical and molecular investigation of exotic vegetables (water spinach, hyacinth bean and Ethiopian eggplant). Allergy, 62: 1243–1250. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2007.01474.x
- Issue online: 4 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2007
- Accepted for publication 30 May 2007
- 3Regulation (EC) No 258/97 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 1997 concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients. Official Journal of the European Communities, 1997: No L 43/1.
- 4FAO & WHO. Evaluation of allergenicity of genetically modified foods. Report of a joint FAO/WHA Expert Consultation on allergenicity of foods derived from biotechnology. Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2001:22–25. http://www.fao.org/docrep/007/y0820e/y0820e00.htm; accessed 10 July 2007.
- 5Codex Alimentarius. Codex principles and guidelines on foods derived from biotechnology. Rome: Codex Alimentarius Commission, Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme, Food and Agriculture Organisation, 2003. http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/007/y5819e/y5819e00.htm
- 6European Food Safety Authority. Guidance document of the Scientific panel on Genetically Modified Organisms for the risk assessment of genetically modified microorganisms and their derived products intended for food and feed use. The EFSA Journal 2006;347:1–115. http://www.efsa.europa.eu
- 1097/618/EC: Commission Recommendation of 29 July 1997 concerning the scientific aspects and the presentation of information necessary to support applications for the placing on the market of novel foods and novel food ingredients and the preparation of initial assessment reports under Regulation (EC) No 258/97 of the European Parliament and of the Council (Text with EEA relevance). Official Journal of the European Communities, 1997: L 253/1.
- 20Cross-reactivity within the profilin panallergen family investigated by comparison of recombinant profilins from pear (Pyr c 4), cherry (Pru av 4) and celery (Api g 4) with birch pollen profilin Bet v 2. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 2001;756:315–325., , , , , et al.