Member of GA2LEN (Global Allergy and Asthma European Network), supported by the EU Framework programme for research, contract no. FOOD-CT-2004-506378
Consensus statements, evidence-based medicine and guidelines in allergic diseases
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2007
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 1–4, January 2008
How to Cite
Bousquet, J., Bieber, T., Fokkens, W., Humbert, M., Kowalski, M. L., Niggemann, B., Simon, H.-U. and Schünemann, H. (2008), Consensus statements, evidence-based medicine and guidelines in allergic diseases. Allergy, 63: 1–4. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2007.01594.x
- Issue online: 5 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2007
- 1http://www.chestnet.org/education/guidelinescurrentguidelines; accessed 13 November 2007.
- 2A new system for grading recommendations in evidence based guidelines. BMJ 2001;11:323., .
- 3Systems to rate the strength of evidence. Evidence, report/technology assessment. Number 47. AHRQ Publication No.02-E016. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Research, 2002., , , , , et al.
- 9Cochrane collaboration handbood. Oxford: Cochrane Library. Issue 4 Update Software, 1997., .
- 18An emerging consensus on grading recommendations. http://www.evidence-basedmedicine.com . Module 37. Topic 2011:189, 2005., , , , , .
- 19Post-marketing pharmacosurveillance in Canada. A background paper prepared by the Working Conference on strengthening the evaluation of real world drug safety and effectiveness. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/alt_formats/hpb-dgps/pdf/pharma/ref-can_e.pdf, 2005., , , .
- 22Global strategy for asthma management and prevention. GINA. Update from NHLBI/WHO Workshop Report 1995, Revised 2006. http://www.ginasthma.com/, 2006.
- 23National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. NHLBI/WHO Workshop Report. Update 2005. http://www.goldcopd.com, 2005.
- 24Expert panel report 3. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. National Asthma Education and Prevention Program. Bethesda, MD: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, US Department of Health and Human Services, 2007.
- 28Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy. Guidelines for WHO Guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003. EIP/GPE/EQC/2003.1.
- 32Methodology for development of the Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma guideline. Allergy 2008., , , , , et al.