Present address: Ringerike Hospital, Hønefoss, Norway
Severe asthma in childhood: assessed in 10 year olds in a birth cohort study*
Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 63, Issue 8, pages 1054–1060, August 2008
How to Cite
Lang, A., Carlsen, K. H., Haaland, G., Devulapalli, C. S., Munthe-Kaas, M., Mowinckel, P. and Carlsen, K. (2008), Severe asthma in childhood: assessed in 10 year olds in a birth cohort study. Allergy, 63: 1054–1060. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2008.01672.x
The study is performed within the Oslo Research Group of Asthma and Allergy in childhood, the lung and Environment (ORAA CLE), which is part of the GA2LEN network.
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 8 JUL 2008
- Accepted for publication 15 January 2008
Vol. 64, Issue 5, 822, Version of Record online: 1 APR 2009
- 1The ENFUMOSA cross-sectional European multicentre study of the clinical phenotype of chronic severe asthma. European network for understanding mechanisms of severe asthma. Eur Respir J 2003;22:470–477.
- 4Worldwide variation in prevalence of symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinoconjunctivitis, and atopic eczema: ISAAC. The International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC) Steering Committee. Lancet 1998;351:1225–1232.
- 8National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. Global initiative for asthma. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, 2006.
- 12Difficult/therapy-resistant asthma: the need for an integrated approach to define clinical phenotypes, evaluate risk factors, understand pathophysiology and find novel therapies. ERS Task Force on Difficult/Therapy-Resistant Asthma. European Respiratory Society. Eur Respir J 1999;13:1198–1208., , , , , et al.
- 16Lung function in children and adolescents. Methods, reference values. Prog Respir Res 1987;22:113–218., ,
- 20Recommendations for standardized procedures for the on-line and off-line measurement of exhaled lower respiratory nitric oxide and nasal nitric oxide in adults and children – 1999. This official statement of the American Thoracic Society was adopted by the ATS Board of Directors, July 1999. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999;160:2104–2117.
- 26Proceedings of the ATS workshop on refractory asthma: current understanding, recommendations, and unanswered questions. American Thoracic Society. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000;162:2341–2351.