Edited by: Thomas Bieber
The allergen challenge chamber: a valuable tool for optimizing the clinical development of pollen immunotherapy
Article first published online: 6 OCT 2010
© 2010 John Wiley & Sons A/S
Volume 66, Issue 2, pages 163–169, February 2011
How to Cite
Devillier, P., Le Gall, M. and Horak, F. (2011), The allergen challenge chamber: a valuable tool for optimizing the clinical development of pollen immunotherapy. Allergy, 66: 163–169. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2010.02473.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 OCT 2010
- Accepted for publication 18 July 2010
- 3Sublingual immunotherapy for allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis, allergic asthma, and prevention of allergic diseases. Clin Allergy Immunol 2008;21:359–375., , .
- 14Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) at the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Guideline on the Clinical Development of Products for Specific Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Allergic Diseases. London, UK, Nov 2008 Draft CHMP/EWP/18504/2006. Available at: http://www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/ewp/1850406enfin.pdf. Accessed on 15 March, 2010.
- 15Guidance for Industry. Allergic Rhinitis: Clinical Development Programs for Drug Products. Draft Guidance. Issued in 2000 by the CDER-US Food and Drug Administration. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm071293.pdf. Accessed on 15 March, 2010.
- 19Recommendations for standardization of clinical trials with allergen specific immunotherapy for respiratory allergy. A statement of a World Allergy Organization (WAO) taskforce. Allergy 2007;62:317–324., , , , , et al.
- 23Die Wiener Provokations-Kammer (Vienna Challenge Chamber). Eine neue Methode des Allergenexpositionstests. Wien Klin Wochenschr 1987;99:509–510., .
- 25A direct comparison of the efficacy of antihistamines in SAR and PAR: randomized, placebo-controlled studies with levocetirizine and loratadine using an environmental exposure unit – the Vienna Challenge Chamber (VCC). Curr Med Res Opin 2004;20:891–902., , .
- 32Results of a Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study with Purethal Mites after one year of Therapy, Including a Physiological House-Dust Mite Exposure in the Vienna Challenge Chamber. XXIII EAACI Congress June 2004, Amsterdam, Symposium: Modern Immunotherapy., , , , , et al.