Edited by: Anthony Frew
EAACI Position Paper: Prevention of work-related respiratory allergies among pre-apprentices or apprentices and young workers
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2011
© 2011 John Wiley & Sons A/S
Volume 66, Issue 9, pages 1164–1173, September 2011
How to Cite
Moscato, G., Pala, G., Boillat, M. A., Folletti, I., Gerth van Wijk, R., Olgiati-Des Gouttes, D., Perfetti, L., Quirce, S., Siracusa, A., Walusiak-Skorupa, J. and Tarlo, S. M. (2011), EAACI Position Paper: Prevention of work-related respiratory allergies among pre-apprentices or apprentices and young workers. Allergy, 66: 1164–1173. doi: 10.1111/j.1398-9995.2011.02615.x
- Issue published online: 1 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2011
- Accepted for publication 9 April 2011
- 2Epidemiological approaches in occupational asthma. In: BernsteinIL, Chan-YeungM, MaloJL, BernsteinDI, editors. Asthma in the workplace, 3rd edn. NY, USA: Taylor & Francis Group, 2006:37–85., , .
- 9Perception of asthma as a factor in career choice among young adults with asthma. Can Respir J 2009;16:e69–e75., , , .
- 27Risks for the development of outcomes related to occupational allergies: an application of the asthma-specific job exposure matrix compared with self-reports and investigator scores on job-training-related exposure. Occup Environ Med 2009;66:256–263., , , , , .
- 30Bronchial responsiveness to adenosine-5′-monophosphate and methacholine as predictors for nasal symptoms due to newly introduced allergens. A follow-up study among laboratory animal workers and bakery apprentices. Clin Exp Allergy 2003;33:789–794., , .
- 43Work and health country profiles. Country profiles and national surveillance indicators in occupational health and safety. People and Work. Research Reports 44. Helsinki: Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, 2001., , , , , .
- 44World Health Organization. Occupational medicine in Europe: scope and competencies. Regional Office for Europe, Copenaghen: World Health Organization, 2000.
- 45Council Directive 89/391/EEC of 12 June 1989 on the introduction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work. Available at: http://europa.eu.int/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexapi!prod!CELEXnumdoc&lg=EN&numdoc=31989L0391&model=guichett
- 46Council Directive 94/33/EC of 22 June 1994 on the protection of young people at work. Available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:1994L0033:20070628:EN:PDF
- 47Directive 2007/30/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2007 amending Council Directive 89/391/EEC, its individual Directives and Council Directives 83/477/EEC, 91/383/EEC, 92/29/EEC and 94/33/EC with a view to simplifying and rationalising the reports on practical implementation Text with EEA relevance. Available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2007:165:0021:01:EN:HTML.
- 48Fundamental principles of occupational health and safety. Geneva: International Labour Organization, 2001..
- 49Medical Examination of Young Persons (Industry) Convention, 1946, No.77. Available at: http://www.ilo.org/ilolex/cgi-lex/convde.pl?C077.
- 50Medical Examination of Young Persons (Non-Industrial Occupations) Convention, 1946, No.78. Available at: http://www.ilo.org/ilolex/cgi-lex/convde.pl?C078.
- 53Allergie et apprentissage: un apprenti informé en vaut deux. Lausanne: Suva, 2009, 4 p., .
- 56Quels conseils donner aux apprentis allergiques? Forum Med Suisse 2006;6:769–772., .
- 57Quels conseils donner aux apprentis allergiques? Delémont: Groux arts graphiques SA, 2009, 83. Available at: http://www.sgai.ch., .
- 60Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention, Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) 2007. Available at: http://www.ginasthma.org.