HAS has received honoraria for CME presentations from AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb; has served as a member of the speakers bureau for Bristol-Myers Squibb; and has served as a consultant to Novartis. EF has received grant support from Forest Research Institute and royalties from Guilford Press; has served as a consultant to and advisory board member for Eli Lilly & Co., Servier, and Novartis; and has served as a consultant to Pfizer. DRF, DN and PH have no competing interests to report.
Psychotherapy as monotherapy for the treatment of bipolar II depression: a proof of concept study
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 89–94, February 2009
How to Cite
Swartz, H. A., Frank, E., Frankel, D. R., Novick, D. and Houck, P. (2009), Psychotherapy as monotherapy for the treatment of bipolar II depression: a proof of concept study. Bipolar Disorders, 11: 89–94. doi: 10.1111/j.1399-5618.2008.00629.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2009
- Received 22 October 2007, revised and accepted for publication 28 March 2008
- 4Un syndrome depressif mixte. Encephale 1992; 18: 19–21., , , , , .
- 15Psychothérapie interpersonnelle et des rhythmes sociaux (PTIRS) dans le trouble bipolaire II: structure du traitement et exemples cliniques. Santé Ment Qué (in press)., , .
- 18American Psychiatric Association. Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder (revision). Am J Psychiatry 2002;159 (April Suppl): 1–50.
- 19Treating Bipolar Disorder: A Clinician’s Guide to Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy. New York: Guilford Press, 2005..
- 20Comprehensive Guide to Interpersonal Psychotherapy. New York: Basic Books, 2000., , .
- 22Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy: an intervention addressing rhythm dysregulation in bipolar disorder. Dialogues Clin Neurosci 2007; 9: 325–332., , .
- 26Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders (SCID). New York: New York State Psychiatric Institute, Biometrics Research, 1995., , , .
- 30The client satisfaction questionnaire-8 and the service satisfaction questionnaire-30. In: MaruishM ed. The Use of Psychological Testing for Treatment Planning and Outcome Assessment. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 1994: 402–422., .