The authors dedicate the CANMAT/ISBD guidelines to Dr. Vivek Kusumakar, who passed away suddenly on January 14, 2009. He was an editor for the first CANMAT Guidelines for bipolar disorder, published in 1997. Dr. Kusumakar’s intellectual curiosity to understand the causes of mental illnesses, scientific ability to lead discovery and development of new treatments, develop and disseminate innovative educational programs to improve outcomes for people with bipolar disorder, and his drive for excellence, along with an ability to inject his vision and enthusiasm to his colleagues will be sorely missed.
Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) and International Society for Bipolar Disorders (ISBD) collaborative update of CANMAT guidelines for the management of patients with bipolar disorder: update 2009
Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 225–255, May 2009
How to Cite
Yatham, L. N., Kennedy, S. H., Schaffer, A., Parikh, S. V., Beaulieu, S., O'Donovan, C., MacQueen, G., McIntyre, R. S., Sharma, V., Ravindran, A., Young, L. T., Young, A. H., Alda, M., Milev, R., Vieta, E., Calabrese, J. R., Berk, M., Ha, K. and Kapczinski, F. (2009), Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) and International Society for Bipolar Disorders (ISBD) collaborative update of CANMAT guidelines for the management of patients with bipolar disorder: update 2009. Bipolar Disorders, 11: 225–255. doi: 10.1111/j.1399-5618.2009.00672.x
Affiliations and disclosure information for all authors are listed before the references.
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
- Received 17 October 2008, revised and accepted for publication 3 February 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.