Research for this paper was funded through a grant from the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (ROI HS06250–02) to the Hospital Research and Educational Trust, American Hospital Association, in collaboration with the Center for Health Services and Policy Research, Northwestern University. For helpful comments, we wish to thank Kathleen Carey, Bernard Friedman, Tom McGuire, Jack Zwanziger, and participants of seminars given at AHCPR, the Hoover Institution, and the Conference on The Industrial Organization of Health Care. Research for this paper was completed, in part, while Larry Manheim was a visiting scholar at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
Local Hospital Competition in Large Metropolitan Areas
Article first published online: 13 JAN 2005
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 143–167, March 1994
How to Cite
Manheim, L. M., Bazzoli, G. J. and Sohn, M.-W. (1994), Local Hospital Competition in Large Metropolitan Areas. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 3: 143–167. doi: 10.1111/j.1430-9134.1994.00143.x
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 13 JAN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!