Is MELD score sufficient to predict not only death on waiting list, but also post-transplant survival?
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2006
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 275–281, April 2006
How to Cite
Silberhumer, G. R., Hetz, H., Rasoul-Rockenschaub, S., Peck-Radosavljevic, M., Soliman, T., Steininger, R., Muehlbacher, F. and Berlakovich, G. A. (2006), Is MELD score sufficient to predict not only death on waiting list, but also post-transplant survival?. Transplant International, 19: 275–281. doi: 10.1111/j.1432-2277.2006.00250.x
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2006
- Received: 28 June 2005 Revision requested: 22 July 2005 Accepted: 24 October 2005
- 1Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network-HRSA. Final rule with comment period. Fed Regist 1998; 63: 16296.
- 4Application of a continuous disease severity score to the OPTN liver waiting list. Clin Transpl 2001; 15: 19., .
- 5Model for end-stage liver disease and Child–Turcotte–Pugh score as predictors of pretransplantation disease severity, posttransplantation outcome, and resource utilization in United Network for Organ Sharing status 2A patients. Liver Transpl 2002; 8: 278., , , et al.
- 8Institute of Medicine. Analysis of waiting times. In: Committee on Organ Transplantation. Assessing current policies and the potential impact of the DHHS final rule. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999: 57–78.
- 10United Network for Organ Sharing. Available at: http://www.unet.org. Accessed May, 2002.
- 12UNOS/OPTN Liver Disease Severity Score, UNOS/OPTN Liver and Intestine, and UNOS/OPTN Pediatric Transplantation Committees. The new liver allocation system: moving toward evidence-based transplantation policy. Liver Transpl 2002; 8: 851., , , et al.
- 16Surgery and portal hypertension. In: ChildCG, ed. The Liver and Portal Hypertension. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1964: 50., .
- 18Regression models and life-tables. J R Stat Soc 1972; 34: 187.
- 20Evaluation of survival data and two new rank order statistics arising in its consideration. Cancer Chemother Rep 1966; 50: 163..
- 21MELD and CTP score are equivalent predictors of mortality in cirrhotic veterans referred for orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT). Hepatology 2001; 34: 207A., , , et al.