Conflicts of Interest The data and analyses reported in the Annual Reports of the U.S. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients have been supplied by UNOS and Arbor Research under contract with HHS/HRSA. The authors alone are responsible for reporting and interpreting these data; the views expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the U.S. Government.
Increasing organ donation and transplantation: the U.S. experience over the past decade
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
© 2010 The Authors. Transplant International © 2010 European Society for Organ Transplantation
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 324–332, April 2011
How to Cite
Wynn, J. J. and Alexander, C. E. (2011), Increasing organ donation and transplantation: the U.S. experience over the past decade. Transplant International, 24: 324–332. doi: 10.1111/j.1432-2277.2010.01201.x
- Issue online: 10 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2011
- Received: 20 August 2010 Revision requested: 7 October 2010 Accepted: 12 November 2010 Published online: 5 January 2011
- 9Health Resources and Services Administration. The Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative: Best Practices Final Report. Rockville, MD: Division of Transplantation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Office of Special Programs, 2003.
- 10Institute for Healthcare Improvement. The Breakthrough Series: IHI’s Collaborative Model for Achieving Breakthrough Improvement. Cambridge, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2003.
- 11Health Resources and Services Administration. HRSA Transplant Center Growth and Management Collaborative: Best Practices Evaluation. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2007. Available at: http://organdonor.gov/research/best_practices/exec_summary.htm (last accessed on 11/2/2010).
- 14Institute of Medicine. Non-heart-beating Organ Transplantation: Medical and Ethical Issues in Procurement. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1997.
- 24National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws. Revised Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (2006), 2010. Available at: http://www.anatomicalgiftact.org (last accessed on August 13, 2010).
- 25Donate Life America. National Donor Designation Report Card. Available at: http://www.donatelife.net/pdfs/DLA_Report_Card_2010_FINAL.pdf (updated April, 2010; last accessed on July 15, 2010).