Without the generous help of Dr. William Sutcliffe, Bermuda Biological Station (Contribution No. 341) this work would not have been possible. Mr. Brunell Spurling's keen interest, collecting ability and suggestion for the use of the flashlight battery and bulb were invaluable. Louis Mowbray kindly used his boat for several of the releases. Messrs. Hazlet, Savage and Picciolo helped with some of the releases. Drs. Braemer and Schwassmann kindly criticized the manuscript. This work was supported by the Office of Naval Research (N. R. 104–489) and U. S. Public Health Service (NB-03241). The work was completed while the first author was a Guggenheim Fellow.
Sun-compass orientation by parrot fishes1
Article first published online: 26 APR 2010
1964 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Zeitschrift für Tierpsychologie
Volume 21, Issue 7, pages 798–812, January-December 1964
How to Cite
Winn, H. E., Salmon, M. and Roberts, N. (1964), Sun-compass orientation by parrot fishes. Zeitschrift für Tierpsychologie, 21: 798–812. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0310.1964.tb01219.x
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2010
- Received 2. 1. 1964
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!