An early draft was read by Edwin M. Banks, Peter Marler, and Michael J. A. Simpson. I am grateful to them for their comments. Thanks are also extended to C. Richard Dawkins, Richard F. Green, and David L. G. Noakes for reading the final version. The research was supported by grants GB 5314 and GB 6604 from the National Science Foundation.
A Test of Appeasement and Arousal Hypotheses of Courtship Behavior in a Cichlid Fish, Etroplus maculates1
Article first published online: 26 APR 2010
1970 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Zeitschrift für Tierpsychologie
Volume 27, Issue 7, pages 779–806, January-December 1970
How to Cite
Barlow, G. W. (1970), A Test of Appeasement and Arousal Hypotheses of Courtship Behavior in a Cichlid Fish, Etroplus maculates. Zeitschrift für Tierpsychologie, 27: 779–806. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0310.1970.tb01901.x
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2010
- Received: 21. 7. 1969
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!