Reproductive Science in the Global Village
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Verlag GmbH
Reproduction in Domestic Animals
Special Issue: Proceedings of the 17th International Congress on Animal Reproduction (ICAR)
Volume 47, Issue Supplement s4, pages 52–58, August 2012
How to Cite
Chenoweth, P. (2012), Reproductive Science in the Global Village. Reproduction in Domestic Animals, 47: 52–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0531.2012.02055.x
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2012
- 1995: Reproductive losses in small ruminants in sub-Saharan Africa: a review. ILCA working document. Available: http://mahider.ilri.org/handle/10568/4229 (accessed 20 January 2012). ,
- 2009: Overcoming systemic roadblocks to sustainability: the evolutionary redesign of worldviews, institutions, and technologies. Proc Nat Acad Sci USA 106, 2483–2489. , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2011: Contribution of veterinary activities to global food security for food derived from terrestrial and aquatic animals. Proc OIE 79th General Session, 14 pp. , , , ,
- 2003: The livestock revolution: a pathway from poverty? ATSE Crawford fund conference. Available: http://www.crawfordfund.org/publications/ (accessed 8 January 2012). ,
- 2004: Food animal veterinary futures. JVME 31, 323–328. ,
- 2005: Cow-calf production principles. In: Chenoweth PJ, Sanderson MW (eds), Beef Practice: Cow/Calf Production Medicine. Blackwell Publishing Professional, Ames, Iowa, pp. 65–80. ,
- 2005: The role of extension in building capacity – what works, and why. Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation website Available: http://www.rirdc.gov.au/reports/HCC/ (accessed 10 January 2012). , , , ,
- 2003: Privitization and the Crisis of Agricultural Extension: The Case of Pakistan. Ashgate Publishing Limited, Aldershot, UK. , ,
- 2005: Rising demand for meat and milk in developing countries: implications for grasslands-based livestock production. In: McGilloway D (eds), Grassland: A Global Resource. Wageningen Academic Publishers, Wageningen, The Netherlands, pp. 29–39. ,
- 1999) Livestock to 2020: The Next Food Revolution. Food, Agriculture and Environment Discussion Paper, 28. International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, DC. , , , , (
- 2005: Livestock systems. In: Owen E, Kitalyi A, Jayasuriya N, Smith T (eds), Livestock and Wealth Creation. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK, pp. 29–52. , , , ,
- 2007: Advanced reproductive technology in the water buffalo. Theriogenology 68, 450–453. ,
- 2009: Available: http://www.ed.gov/news/speeches/secretary-arne-duncan-speaks-national-science-teachers-association-conference (accessed 21 January 2012). ,
- 2001: Agriculture education: social science in the curricula. Rural Soc J 11, 271–281. , ,
- FAO, 2009: The State of Food and Agriculture 2009. Livestock in the balance. Available: http://www.fao.org/publications/sofa-2009/en/ (accessed 3 February 2012).
- FAO, 2011a: Biotechnologies for agricultural development. Available: http://www.fao.org/biotech/biotech-add-edit-section/biotech-add-edit-news/biotech-newsdetail/en/?dyna_fef%5Buid%5D=81784 (accessed 30 January 2012).
- FAO, 2011b: World Livestock Report 2011. Livestock in food security. Available: http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/i2373e/i2373e00.htm (accessed 4 February 2012).
- 2003: Management to facilitate genetic improvement of Bali cattle in eastern Indonesia. In ‘Strategies to Improve Bali Cattle in Eastern Indonesia’. ACIAR Proceedings No. 110’. ACIAR, Canberra, pp. 23–28. , , , ,
- 2000: The impact of the International Foundation for Science (IFS) funding in Latin American research in animal health and production. Interciencia 25, 30–36. , , , , ,
- GFRAS (Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services), 2011: Available: http://www.g-fras.org/en/ (accessed 3 February 2012).
- 2011: Education as a way to strengthen the capacity of rural people to improve food security; Towards a tool for analysis. Paper commissioned by the Task Group on Training for Technicians for Capacity Development(OEKD/FAO) and the Education for Rural People Flagship Partnership. 33 pp. ,
- HED (Higher Education for Development), 2011. Available: http://www.hedprogram.org (accessed 17 January 2012).
- IPP (International Professors Program), 2011: Available: http://www.internationalprofs.org/ (accessed 8 January 2012).
- 2011: Alarming situaton of education in Pakistan. Available: http://www.unesco.org/education/efa/know_sharing/grassroots_stories/pakistan_2.shtml (accessed 11/09/11, 2011).
- 2011: Teaching Veterinary Internal Medicine in China. JVME 38, 194–198. , , , , , , , ,
- 2003: Reproduction and lactation performance of cattle in a smallholder dairy system in Zimbabwe. Trop Anim Health Reprod 35, 117–129. , , , ,
- MEAS (Modernizing Extension and Advisory Services) 2012: Available: http://www.meas-extension.org/ (accessed 28 January 2012).
- 2007: Major Animal Health Problems of Market Oriented Livestock Development in Alaba Woreda, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region. Thesis. Available: http://hdl.handle.net/10568/699 (accessed 19 January 2012). .
- 2002: The Importance of Breeding Infrastructure and Support Services: The Success/Failure of Artificial Insemination as a Method of Disseminating Genetic Material to Smallholder Dairy Farmers in Southern Africa. AGTR Case Study. ILRI, Nairobi, Kenya. Available: http://hdl.handle.net/10568/3526 (accessed 15 January 2012). .
- 1989: A review of reproductive performance of female Bos indicus (Zebu) cattle ILCA Monograph 6, 134 pp ,
- NAP (The National Academies Press), 2008: Emerging technologies to benefit farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Available: http://www.nap.edu/moretitles.php?org=BANR (accessed 25 January 2012).
- NAP (The National Academies Press), 2009: Transforming agricultural education for a changing world. Committee on a leadership summit to effect change in teaching and learning, National Research Council. Available: http://www.nap.edu/moretitles.php?org=BANR (accessed 25 January 2012).
- NAP (The National Academies Press), 2010: Toward sustainable agricultural systems in the 21st century. Committee on Twenty-First Century Systems Agriculture; National Research Council. Available: http://www.nap.edu/moretitles.php?org=BANR (accessed 12 January 2012).
- OIE (World Organization for Animal health)/WAHIS, Available: http://www.oie.int/animal-health-in-the-world/the-world-animal-health-information-system/the-oie-data-system (accessed 28 January 2012).
- 2009: Evaluating capacity building methods to strengthen livestock extension outcomes in Laos. Ext Farm Syst J 5, 91–100. , ,
- 1983: Restricted suckling: effects on cow and calf performance. In: Davis CH, Preston TR, Haque M, Saadullah M (eds), Maximum Livestock Production from Minimum Land. Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, pp. 54–66. ,
- 2007: A researcher’s perception of United States Department of Agriculture funding in animal reproduction. J Anim Sci 85, E16–E17. accessed Jan 22, 2012 from jas.fass.org. ,
- 2010: The role of the private sector in agricultural extension in Pakistan. Rural Development News 1, 15–20. ,
- 2006: Availability of Theriogenology training at North American and Caribbean Veterinary Colleges. JVME 33, 140–144. , , ,
- 2002: Revitalizing veterinary and animal science education for the future in India – Issues and approaches. J Agric Educ Ext 8, 139–149. ,
- 2011: SWOT analysis of veterinary and animal science education in India: implications for policy and future directions. Abstract submitted to World Conf Vet Education 2011. Obtained Dec 13 2011 from email@example.com. , ,
- 2006: Management, entrepreneurship and private service orientation: a framework for undergraduate veterinary education. J Agric Educ Ext 12, 201–211. , ,
- The Economist, 2008 (April 19): Briefing: food and the poor. The New Face of Hunger, pp. 30–32.
- USAID (United States Agency for International Development), 2010: Building the base for global food security: agricultural education and training. Available: http://agrilinks.kdid.org/library/building-base-global-food-security-agricultural-education-and-training-presentation-screenca (accessed 9 February 2012).
- 2011: Beef production in crop–livestock systems: simple approaches for complex problems. ACIAR Monograph Series no 145, 160 pp. ,
- 2008: Increased profitability and social outcomes from livestock in smallholder crop-livestock systems in developing countries: the ACIAR experience. Aust J Expt Ag 48, 799–805. , ,
- 2006: An overview of veterinary medical education in China: current status, deficiencies, and strategy for improvement. JVME 33, 238–243. , , ,
- 2011: Dairy development in Pakistan. Available: http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/al750e/al750e00.pdf (accessed 11 February 2012). , , ,