Characterization of an exchangeable gene trap using pU-17 carrying a stop codon-βgeo cassette
Version of Record online: 11 APR 2005
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 163–172, April 2005
How to Cite
Taniwaki, T., Haruna, K., Nakamura, H., Sekimoto, T., Oike, Y., Imaizumi, T., Saito, F., Muta, M., Soejima, Y., Utoh, A., Nakagata, N., Araki, M., Yamamura, K.-i. and Araki, K. (2005), Characterization of an exchangeable gene trap using pU-17 carrying a stop codon-βgeo cassette. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 47: 163–172. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2005.00792.x
- Issue online: 11 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 11 APR 2005
- Received 27 November 2004; revised 30 January 2005; accepted 3 February 2005.
- 1995. Site-specific integration of DNA into wild-type and mutant lox sites placed in the plant genome. Plant J. 7, 649–659. , , &
- 1990. Basic local alignment search tool. J. Mol. Biol. 215, 403–410. , , , &
- 1995. Site-specific recombination of a transgene in fertilized eggs by transient expression of Cre recombinase. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 92, 160–164. , , &
- 1997. Targeted integration of DNA using mutant lox sites in embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 25, 868–872. , &
- 2002. Site-directed integration of the cre gene mediated by Cre recombinase using a combination of mutant lox sites. Nucleic Acids Res. 30, e103. , &
- 1997. Efficiency of recombination by Cre transient expression in embryonic stem cells: comparison of various promoters. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 122, 977–982. , , , &
- 1999. Exchangeable gene trap using the Cre/mutated lox system. Cell Mol. Biol. (Noisy-le-Grand) 45, 737–750. , , et al.
- 1998. Efficient gene trap screening for novel developmental genes using IRES βgeo vector and in vitro preselection. Exp. Cell Res. 244, 125–136. , , , &
- 1997. Evidence for the stochastic integration of gene trap vectors into the mouse germline. Nucleic Acids Res. 25, 1531–1536. , , , &
- 1997. Gene trapping and functional genomics. Trends Genet 13, 370–374. , &
- 1991. Promoter traps in embryonic stem cells: a genetic screen to identify and mutate developmental genes in mice. Genes Dev. 5, 1513–1523. &
- 1991. The encephalomyocarditis virus internal ribosome entry site allows efficient coexpression of two genes from a recombinant provirus in cultured cells and in embryos. Mol. Cell Biol. 11, 5848–5859. , &
- 1993. Gene and enhancer trap screens in ES cell chimeras. Gene Targeting: a Practical Approach. (ed. Joyner A.) pp. 181–227. Oxford University Press, Oxford. &
- 1989. Mouse embryonic stem cells and reporter constructs to detect developmentally regulated genes. Science 244, 463–465. , , &
- 2003. A large-scale, gene-driven mutagenesis approach for the functional analysis of the mouse genome. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 100, 9918–9922. , , et al.
- 1999. Shroom, a PDZ. domain-containing actin-binding protein, is required for neural tube morphogenesis in mice. Cell 99, 485–497. &
- 1990. Cap-independent translation of encephalomyocarditis virus RNA: structural elements of the internal ribosomal entry site and involvement of a cellular 57-kD RNA-binding protein. Genes Dev. 4, 1560–1572. &
- 1997. Dicistronic tagging of genes active in embryonic stem cells of mice. Mol. Cells 7, 502–508. , , &
- 2002. Pushing the limits of the scanning mechanism for initiation of translation. Gene 299, 1–34.
- 1992. Selective disruption of genes expressed in totipotent embryonal stem cells. Genes Dev. 6, 919–927. , , , , &
- 2000. Upstream open reading frames as regulators of mRNA translation. Mol. Cell Biol. 20, 8635–8642. &
- 1995. Internal ribosome entry sites and dicistronic RNAs in mammalian transgenesis. Trends Genet 11, 179–184. &
- 2002. Phenotypic complementation establishes requirements for specific POU domain and generic transactivation function of Oct – 3/4 in embryonic stem cells. Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1526–1536. , , , &
- 1999. Truncated CBP protein leads to classical Rubinstein–Taybi syndrome phenotypes in mice: implications for a dominant-negative mechanism. Hum. Mol. Genet 8, 387–396. , , et al.
- 1998. Comparative kinetic analysis of FLP and cre recombinases: mathematical models for DNA binding and recombination. J. Mol. Biol. 284, 363–384. , , et al.
- 2001. Gene-trap mutagenesis: past, present and beyond. Nat. Rev. Genet 2, 756–768. , &
- 1998. Gene trap expression and mutational analysis for genes involved in the development of the mammalian nervous system. Dev. Dyn. 212, 198–213. , , et al.
- 2003. BayGenomics: a resource of insertional mutations in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 31, 278–281. , , et al.
- 2000. Statistical analysis of the 5′ untranslated region of human mRNA using ‘Oligo-Capped’ cDNA libraries. Genomics 64, 286–297. , , et al.
- 2000. A new gene trap construct enriching for insertion events near the 5′ end of genes. Transgenic Res. 9, 395–404. , , &
- 1997. Rapid sequence analysis of gene trap integrations to generate a resource of insertional mutations in mice. Genome Res. 7, 293–298. , , &
- 1998. Efficiency assessment of the gene trap approach. Dev. Dyn. 212, 171–180. , &
- 2002. mRNA surveillance: the perfect persist. J. Cell Sci. 115, 3033–3038. &
- 2004. 5′-untranslated regions with multiple upstream AUG codons can support low-level translation via leaky scanning and reinitiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 32, 1382–1391. &
- 2002. Initial sequencing and comparative analysis of the mouse genome. Nature 420, 520–562. , , et al.
- 1993. A novel ES cell line, TT2, with high germline-differentiating potency. Anal Biochem. 214, 70–76. , , et al.
- 1984. Introduction of human γ1 immunoglobulin genes into fertilized mouse eggs. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 96, 357–363. , , et al.
- 1998. Comprehensive mammalian genetics: history and future prospects of gene trapping in the mouse. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 42, 1025–1036. &