Identification of asymmetrically localized transcripts along the animal–vegetal axis of the Xenopus egg
Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2005
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 47, Issue 8, pages 511–521, October 2005
How to Cite
Kataoka, K., Tazaki, A., Kitayama, A., Ueno, N., Watanabe, K. and Mochii, M. (2005), Identification of asymmetrically localized transcripts along the animal–vegetal axis of the Xenopus egg. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 47: 511–521. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2005.00826.x
- Issue online: 15 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2005
- Received 15 May 2005; revised 17 August 2005; accepted 22 August 2005.
- 2001. Microarray-based analysis of early development in Xenopus laevis. Dev. Biol. 236, 64–75. , , et al.
- 2003. Xenopus Germes encodes a novel germ plasm-associated transcript. Gene Expr. Patterns 3, 521–524. , , &
- 2004. Screening of FGF target genes in Xenopus by microarray: temporal dissection of the signalling pathway using a chemical inhibitor. Genes Cells 9, 749–761. , , , , &
- 2004. Evidence for overlapping, but not identical, protein machineries operating in vegetal RNA localization along early and late pathways in Xenopus oocytes. Development 131, 4263–4273. , &
- 1997. A vegetally localized T-box transcription factor in Xenopus eggs specifies mesoderm and endoderm and is essential for embryonic mesoderm formation. Development 124, 1689–1698. &
- 2000. A critical role for Xdazl, a germ plasm-localized RNA, in the differentiation of primordial germ cell in Xenopus. Development 127, 447–456. &
- 1998. A Xenopus DAZ-like gene encodes an RNA component of germ plasm and is a functional homologue of Drosophila boule. Development 125, 171–180. , , , &
- 1998. Xpat, a gene expressed specifically in germ plasm and primordial germ cells of Xenopus laevis. Mech. Dev. 73, 159–168. &
- 1996. Xotx genes in the developing brain of Xenopus laevis. Mech. Dev. 55, 145–158. , , et al.
- 2001. RNA localization and germ cell determination in Xenopus. Int. Rev. Cytol. 203, 63–91. , , , , &
- 1995. Two distinct pathways for the localization of RNAs vegetal cortex in Xenopus oocytes. Development 121, 287–297. &
- 2005. RNA localization mechanisms in oocytes. J. Cell Sci. 118, 269–282. &
- 1993. Xwnt-11: a maternally expressed Xenopus wnt gene. Development 119, 1161–1173. &
- 2000. Genomics, gene expression and DNA arrays. Nature 405, 827–836. &
- 1996. Expression cloning of a Xenopus T-related gene (Xombi) involved in mesodermal patterning and blastopore lip formation. Development 122, 4001–4012. , , &
- 2000. DEADSouth is a germ plasm specific DEAD-box RNA helicase in Xenopus related to eIF4A. Mech. Dev. 95, 291–295. , , , &
- 1987. Translocation of a localized maternal mRNA to the vegetal pole of Xenopus oocytes. Nature 328, 80–82.
- 1999. Identification of transforming growth factor-β-regulated genes in Caenorhabditis elegans by differential hybridization of arrayed cDNAs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 15020–15025. , , , &
- 1993. A mRNA localized to the vegetal cortex of Xenopus oocytes encodes a protein with a nanos-like zinc finger domain. Development 117, 377–386. , , &
- 2000. Xotx1 maternal transcripts are vegetally localized in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Mech. Dev. 90, 111–114. , , &
- 2005. A Xenopus DNA microarray approach to identify novel direct BMP target genes involved in early embryonic development. Dev. Dyn. 232, 445–456. , , et al.
- 1985. Identification and cloning of localized maternal RNAs from Xenopus eggs. Cell 42, 769–777. , , &
- 1989. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd edn. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. , &
- 2005. Identification of neural genes using Xenopus DNA microarrays. Dev. Dyn. 232, 432–444. , , et al.
- 2000. Early Development of Xenopus Laevis: A Laboratory Manual, pp. 249–274. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. , &
- 1996. The Xenopus T-box gene, Antipodean, encodes a vegetally localized maternal mRNA and can trigger mesoderm formation. Development 122, 4179–4188. , &
- 2001. Quantitative assessment of DNA microarrays – comparison with Northern blot analysis. Genomics 71, 34–39. , , &
- 2005. Macroarray-based analysis of tail regeneration in Xenopus laevis larvae. Dev. Dyn. 233, 1394–1404. , , , , &
- 2000. The Xenopus homologue of Bicaudal-C is a localized maternal mRNA that can induce endoderm formation. Development 127, 2053–2062. &
- 1998. The role of maternal VegT in establishing the primary germ layers in Xenopus embryos. Cell 94, 515–524. , , , , &
- 1996. Xenopus VegT RNA is localized to the vegetal cortex during oogenesis and encodes a novel T-box transcription factor involved in mesodermal patterning. Development 122, 4119–4129. &