J. A. B. contributed 60% and M. R. Z. contributed 40% to this publication.
Pax3 transcripts in melanoblast development
Article first published online: 30 NOV 2005
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 47, Issue 9, pages 627–635, December 2005
How to Cite
Blake, J. A. and Ziman, M. R. (2005), Pax3 transcripts in melanoblast development. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 47: 627–635. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-169X.2005.00835.x
- Issue published online: 30 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 30 NOV 2005
- Received 25 August 2005; revised 7 October 2005; accepted 7 October 2005.
- 1999. PAX3 gene structure, alternative splicing and evolution. Gene 237, 311–319. , , &
- 1999. Predominant expression of PAX3 and PAX7 forms in myogenic and neural tumor cell lines. Cancer Res. 59, 5443–5448. , , , , &
- 2003. Aberrant Pax3 and Pax7: a link to the metastatic potential of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma and cutaneous malignant melanoma? Histol. Histopathol. 18, 529–539. &
- 2000. Interaction among SOX10, PAX3 and MITF, three genes altered in Waardenburg syndrome. Hum. Mol. Genet. 9, 1907–1917. , , et al.
- 2005. Identification of a hypaxial somite enhancer element regulating Pax3 expression in migrating myoblasts and characterization of hypaxial muscle Cre transgenic mice. Genesis 41, 202–209. , , , &
- 1994. Pax-3 contains domains for transcription activation and transcription inhibition. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 91, 12 745–12 749. , , &
- 2005. Co-expression of SOX9 and SOX10 during melanocytic differentiation in vitro. Exp. Cell Res. 308, 222–235. , , , &
- 2005. Co-expression of alternatively spliced forms of PAX3, PAX7, PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR with distinct DNA binding and transactivation properties in rhabdomyosarcoma. Int. J. Cancer 115, 85–92. , , et al.
- 1991. Molecular characterization of a deletion encompassing the splotch mutation on mouse chromosome 1. Genomics 10, 89–93. , , &
- 1998. Helix 2 of the paired domain plays a key role in the regulation of DNA-binding by the Pax-3 homeodomain. Nucl. Acids Res. 4574–4581. , &
- 1993. The Splotch mutation interferes with muscle development in the limbs. Anat. Embryol. (Berl.) 187, 153–160. , , , &
- 1999. Pax3 and regulation of the melanocyte-specific tyrosinase-related protein-1 promoter. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 26 894–26 900. , , &
- 1991. Pax-3, a novel murine DNA binding protein expressed during early neurogenesis. EMBO J. 10, 1135–1147. , , , &
- 1999. Synergistic regulation of vertebrate muscle development by Dach2, Eya2, and Six1, homologs of genes required for Drosophila eye formation. Genes Dev. 13, 3231–3243. , , et al.
- 1997. Over-expression of the chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan versican is associated with defective neural crest migration in the Pax3 mutant mouse (splotch). Mech. Dev. 69, 39–51. , &
- 1984. Histochemical survey of the distribution of the epidermal melanoblasts and melanocytes in the murine during fetal and postnatal periods. Anat. Rec. 208, 589–594.
- 2001. Transcription factors in melanocyte development: distinct roles for Pax-3 and Mitf. Mech. Dev. 101, 47–59. , , &
- 2005. Pax3 functions at a nodal point in melanocyte stem cell differentiation. Nature 433, 884–887. , , et al.
- 1996. Pax genes and their roles in cell differentiation and development. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 8, 851–857. , &
- 1997. Ectopic Pax-3 activates MyoD and Myf-5 expression in embryonic mesoderm and neural tissue. Cell 89, 139–148. , , , , &
- 1973. The migratory pathway of neural crest cells into the skin of murine embryos. Dev. Biol. 34, 39–46.
- 2001. A comprehensive guide for the accurate classification of murine hair follicles in distinct hair cycle stages. J. Invest. Dermatol. 117, 3–15. , , et al.
- 1988. Splice site selection and ribonucleoprotein complex assembly during in vitro pre-mRNA splicing. Genes Dev. 4, 89–97. &
- 2002. Dominant role of the niche in melanocyte stem-cell fate determination. Nature 416, 854–860. , , et al.
- 2004. Expression of PAX3 alternatively spliced transcripts and identification of two new isoforms in human tumors of neural crest origin. Int. J. Cancer 108, 314–320. , , et al.
- 1994. Chemotherapy-induced alopecia in mice. Induction by cyclophosphamide, inhibition by cyclosporine A, and modulation by dexamethasone. Am. J. Pathol. 144, 719–734. , , &
- 2000. Transcription factor hierarchy in Waardenburg syndrome: regulation of MITF expression by SOX10 and PAX3. Hum. Genet. 107, 1–6. , , , &
- 2001. PAX3 is expressed in human melanomas and contributes to tumor cell survival. Cancer Res. 61, 823–826. , , , , &
- 1998. The zebrafish Pax3 and Pax7 homologues are highly conserved, encode multiple isoforms and show dynamic segment-like expression in the developing brain. Mech. Dev. 70, 49–63. , , , &
- 1993. Scanning and competition between AGs are Involved in 3′-splice site selection in mammalian introns. Mol. Cell Biol. 13, 4939–4952. , &
- 1994. Roles of Pax-genes in developing and adult brain as suggested by expression patterns. J. Neurosci. 14, 1395–1412. &
- 1998. Do hair bulb melanocytes undergo apotosis during hair follicle regression (catagen)? J. Invest. Dermatol. 111, 941–947. , , &
- 1998. A crucial role for Pax3 in the development of the hypaxial musculature and the long-range migration of muscle precursors. Dev. Biol. 203, 49–61. , , , , &
- 1994. Isolation of two isoforms of the PAX3 gene transcripts and their tissue- specific alternative expression in human adult tissues. Hum. Genet. 93, 270–274. , &
- 1997. The paired-domain regulates DNA binding by the homeodomain within the intact Pax-3 protein. J. Biol. Chem. 272, 14175–14182. &
- 1997. The C-terminal subdomain makes an important contribution to the DNA binding activity of the Pax-3 paired domain. J. Biol. Chem. 272, 28 289–28 295. &
- 1998. Epistatic relationship between Waardenburg syndrome genes MITF and Pax3. Nat. Genet. 18, 283–286. , , &
- 1994. Pax-3 expression in segmental mesoderm marks early stages in myogenic cell specification. Development 120, 785–796. &
- 1996. Neural and skin-cell specific expression pattern conferred by steel factor regulatory sequence in transgenic mice. Dev. Dyn. 207, 222–232.
- 1992. Cloning and domain structure of the mammalian splicing factor U2AF. Science 355, 609–614. , &
- 2001. A key role for Pax7 transcripts in determination of muscle and nerve cells. Exp. Cell Res. 268, 220–229. , , &